First True Offshore Experience >

First True Offshore Experience

Notices

First True Offshore Experience

Old 07-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First True Offshore Experience

WOW! What a ride I had last Saturday on Dude! Sweet!'s boat!!! His Pantera really provided a great ride & a lot of fun! I have been around boats my entire life but most of my boating has been done on lakes or rivers. All of my "ocean" or "offshore" boating has been on yachts that are meant for cruising. I think DS's boat could qualify as an airplane also. I have never spent so long in the air! We launched off of a few waves and I thought to myself, "when are we going to land"??? The entry back into the water was so smooth; I couldn't believe it (with a couple exceptions). Later that night, I had a party that I had to be at and I couldn't stop talking about the day. (I think I am still in shock!)

I could probably write a book based on my experience, but I don't want to overload the site. I have a lot of respect for offshore driving & Pantera.

Thanks again for the experience of a lifetime!!!

Shawn
Old 07-23-2007, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Thats great to here. Thats why we love it, just take it easy on us Insurace God! Prices that is!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get's ya hooked like a drug doesn't it?
It was an awkward experience the very first time you realize you're airborne and have to get OUT of the sticks, and then throw the sticks back in as you re-enter the water.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Thats great to here. Thats why we love it, just take it easy on us Insurace God! Prices that is!
Prices are going up. I need to get a new boat ASAP!

I will continue to try to get the best rate / policy & inform everyone about the discounts that are available. Boating is where my heart is and I always feel a bond with other boaters. I have always like performance boats but I never realized what a rush is was to ride in one (on the ocean).
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

28 Pantera of course!

Shawn, glad you enjoyed yourself! Like I said, you're welcome to come along any time. I mean what are neigbors for right?!

Saturday was the textbook SoCal, Pacific Ocean day. We watched the start of the ski race then headed south with the swell for about 10 minutes just to get everyone into a groove. Then I turned around and ran straight into a nice northwestern swell. Very consistent at about 9 seconds (I'm guessing, since I bought my 28 Pantera I don't even look at the wave reports anymore) and there was a little lip on the top of ever 10th swell or so. When I wanted to, we were doubling the swells like we were on a 250 dirt bike. We ran into the swell for about 10 minutes, which put us right off PV and San Pedro. There we came across a pod of about 25 dolphins. We slowed down and let them surf our wake for a bit. After another 10 minutes, we blasted back down to Queens Gate and watched the finish of the ski race.

Anytime bud. And as alway thanks to the Nunez for building the best boat I've ever ridden in!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered

Another thing that I forgot to mention.

When Dude! Sweet! called me (before we left for the water) he asked me to bring a life vest. I thought he wanted me to bring it so we would be legal (one vest per occupant). As we were approaching the exit to the harbor I notice everyone putting on vest (a couple were the auto inflating). I was handed mine & put it on thinking to myself, this may be a little over kill... Lanyard hooked up, we all had vests on & I soon found out why! Damn, what a ride. It is so hard to explain and you only know what I am talking about if you have experienced it. Vests & lanyards are a must. It should be criminal to run without them.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Registered

Glad to hear you had a great, safe ride!

Next you have to get a ride in the race car!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Shawn, Sounds like you had a heck of a ride! Don't forget to look me up if you get to LOTO............I'm liking the PowerPlay a lot.
John
Old 07-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jlew60
Shawn, Sounds like you had a heck of a ride! Don't forget to look me up if you get to LOTO............I'm liking the PowerPlay a lot.
John
Hey John,

I definitely will!!! I am looking forward to meeting you & riding in your boat. If I do not make it to LOTO, I will try to get out to MO before the weather goes south.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered

Z/28, that was suggested, but we figured Shawn's butt would get kind of hot with him sitting on the dry sump thank!

Quick Reply: First True Offshore Experience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.