Rum Run

Old 07-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Ricque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Registered

RIQUE......Even his name is a myth and a legend. My apologies for misspelling it a second time. Maybe I can make it up to you in Pittsburgh??
Old 07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

Thanks To All That Raced

I JUST WANTED TO THANK ALL THE TEAMS THAT SHOWED UP FOR OUR RUM RUN RACE HERE IN LONG BEACH HERE ON THE WEST COAST AND WE APPRECIATE YOURE EFFORTS TO GET HERE WITH OTHER RACING SCHEDULES,AND COMMITMENTS. AND TO ALL THE LOCAL POPRA MEMBERS AND OFFICIALS THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR EFFORTS AND LOVE OF THE SPORT,THIS IS THE REASON I'M STILL DOING MY PART FOR THE CLUB TO KEEP POPRA #1 OLDEST DIVIVSION OF OFFSHORE RACING CLUB STILL AROUND TODATE..! AND KEEPING IT GOING FOR FUTURE GRENERATIONS OF BOAT RACERS HERE ON THE WEST COAST AS A PLACE TO GET THERE START IN OFFSHORE BOAT RACING. A SPECIAL EFFORT AWARD GOES TO RACING IN THE RED #16 TEAM FOR NEVER GIVING UP! TO MAKE THE START AGAINST ALL ODD'S THANKS TO ALL THAT RALLIED FOR THESE GUYS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, TO GET THEM A DRIVE-AND GET THEM IN THERE FIRST RACE,WELL AS YOU ALL KNOW THEY LEFT THE DOCK TO A ROUND OF CHEERS FROM THE CROWD ONLY TO HAVE ANOTHER DISAPPOINTING FAILURE WITH AN OVER HEATING PROBLEM AND DIDN'T MAKE THE START,BUT TROY AND GEORGE CAME BACK IN WITH STILL HAVING POSITIVE ATTITUDES KNOWING THAT THEY WILL BE BACK TO RACE ANOTHER DAY. GREAT JOB GUYS!! TO YOU AND YOU FAMILYS FOR A GREAT EFFORT AND WELCOME TO THE OFFSHORE FAMILY, YOU ARE PART OF THE OFFSHORE FAMILY NOW...! YOUR FRIEND AND DIRECTOR OF RACE OPERATIONS FOR POPRA. TOM BRUNNER & FAMILY

And to Mike S, my family says watch out for the Spider Monkey......TOM
Old 07-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell The Girls I Am Bringing A Case Of Mountain Dew To Pittsburg.
And Troy, You Were Talking Some Crap To Me On Our Way Out To Test, So Dont Go There. Your Wife Even Heard You.
Kevin, I Hope Your Wife Doesnt Hate Me. Sorry For Keeping You Out So Late Thursday.
I Will Tell All Of You, This Was A First Class Race, And It Was A Pleasure To Hang With Everyone, Even Troy.
As I Said Sunday Night Troy......george And Mike Work In The Boat
Troy And Mike Does Not.
We Will Get Them In Pittsburg Bro.
Thanks Again For Every Thing Popra
Mike
Old 07-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

Mike well it was great seeing you hope you and dad will bring out the new boat to the west coast, sure would be nice to see you & Dad racing out west soon! Again! We'll will have to see what we can do about getting that yellow deck boat out your way,well good luck to You and Dad on your next race,keep in touch Tom
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks tom, we will return to the west coast soon.
mike
Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,
You should have left a message Saturday or called early. We could have helped even though our Limo is reserved for customers. I have friends. By the time I saw you it was too late.

The old girl still looks good especially in RED.

It was good to see some fresh faces at the race site.

Let me know what you guys want to do.
pat W
Old 07-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
I would like to run a P4 or P3 sometime, maybe when I get more offshore seat time. I was lucky enough to run with Brian Devlin of Team AMF RAYLAR in my passenger seat as a navagator. Without his help I would not have ran at all. A BIG speacial thanks to Brian!
As for Pitsburg, that would be great but I would need some sponsorship for the abuse the powertrain takes. I would have a hard time talkin the wife into a new engine and drive twice a year.
Tom I had a great time and a great ride! Thank you for getting me on the water this weekend. You drove a great race for a first time rookie, I never felt like the boat was ever out of shape and you drove a very clean line. I think your boat could be set-up to run P4 safely without much wear and tear to the equipment, I know it will be hard for you to stay away now that you've had a taste!

Thanks to AMF and POPRA for putting on such a great event. Kevin Cooper is going to make this "THE" event people will be putting on their calendars for years to come. Great job Kevin and thanks again for your help.

Brian
Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BDevlin
I think your boat could be set-up to run P4 safely without much wear and tear to the equipment, I know it will be hard for you to stay away now that you've had a taste!
Brian

I hear ya Brian!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racinginthered
I would like to thank all of those who helped us make this dream come true (even if we broke on our way to the milling area), Mike Stancombe "my long lost brother", Ricky Ford "the man the myth the legend" Kevin Cooper for loaning us a drive, Kim and Larry at the Graphics Company for the long nights in their shop getting the boat ready, John Haggin for ALL that he does for EVERY racer and EVERY fan, my wife for putting up with, and most of all Tom Brunner and his family for the long nights, the food, the drink, the encouragement, coaching and keeping a smile on my face when things weren't going our way. Thanks to all for helping. We may not have made the start line, but what an experience it was.

If you want to race, just find a way to make it happen. We did, well sort of.

Oh by the way, Mike, don't show up to the NEXT race driving a PT Cruiser with a rainbow flag on the bumper, people might get the wrong impression.

RacingInTheRed - We were the start/finsih boat and were sorry to see you break just before the start area! I'm sure there is a ton of work and effort just to get that far.....but we'll see you next year??? Right?????

Quick Reply: Rum Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.