Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   new cig windshield (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/164206-new-cig-windshield.html)

steve p 07-23-2007 11:41 AM

new cig windshield

Hey guys, I have a 95 top gun and I would like to get rid of the flip ups, was wondering if anyone here has any info on where I could get them aftermarket, the windshield and bracket as about a year ago Cig wanted well over a grand for both, appreciate the help.

tonypo8 07-23-2007 11:42 AM

I talked to Phil about a month ago and he told me he had a kit for about $1300 im guessing that is installed.

Wild 07-23-2007 12:49 PM

Does anyone make the flip ups in clear plexiglass

BillR 07-23-2007 12:50 PM

Cig & Phil offer the reto-fit kit. That price is correct, but not installed.

Plus that windshield (according to Tres Martin) will scrub off a couple of mph.

Von Bongo 07-23-2007 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by BillR (Post 2207931)
Cig & Phil offer the reto-fit kit. That price is correct, but not installed.

Plus that windshield (according to Tres Martin) will scrub off a couple of mph.

That is all correct information from Phil. Cigarette is closer to $1800 last time I checked. Both mine came from Phil.

Sydwayz 07-23-2007 02:49 PM

We have a source (plastics shop) here in Richmond that makes Acrylic windscreens for us for about $90 bucks.

On the ATs from the factory, the windscreen is screwed to the lip as the deck turns down the dash, and a upholstered panel is placed over the screws. Total investment to start from scratch could not be more than $250 with this method.

steve p 07-23-2007 03:06 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I figured Phil would be a bit better than Cig as he has helped me in the past w/ anything I have needed. I just find it kinda nuts for a piece of plastic and a bracket to be so costly, thanks again for the leads.

Von Bongo 07-23-2007 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2208171)
We have a source (plastics shop) here in Richmond that makes Acrylic windscreens for us for about $90 bucks.

On the ATs from the factory, the windscreen is screwed to the lip as the deck turns down the dash, and a upholstered panel is placed over the screws. Total investment to start from scratch could not be more than $250 with this method.

On the older, non eyebrow boats you might be able to do that with some modification to the pad.

With the "eyebrow" style pad you have to mount it to the top of the fairing and the bend of the fairing will be the hard part.

BillR 07-23-2007 03:42 PM

It's not the plastic that runs up the price.
It is the angled steel piece that the windscreen bolts to. Lip Ship wants $800 just for that piece alone!