Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to the island.

http://www.disappearingisland.com/
Old 07-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guess they have cracked down some then. The last time I was there it was nutz.
My friend has told me about the "good times".
He still goes there with friends for a weekend. Last week he stayed on a houseboat. Cops inspected their boat three times over the weekend. Even stopped them in their small dingy. If park employees suspect you of having booze they will call in the police to have them inspect your boat, coolers, etc.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Originally Posted by Iggy
My friend has told me about the "good times".
He still goes there with friends for a weekend. Last week he stayed on a houseboat. Cops inspected their boat three times over the weekend. Even stopped them in their small dingy. If park employees suspect you of having booze they will call in the police to have them inspect your boat, coolers, etc.

I really have ZERO idea what the heck you are talking about.
The lake and Marion cops are not nearly as bad as you say matter of fact in the last several years I have been going out there and stayin for 4 days at a time on BIG weekends I have had exactly ZERO incidents with the law..and trust me I have a full bar in the cabin of my little cruiser and a stereo to match it.

It is true that the possesion of alchohol is illegal and it is a hefty fine BUT the only way you will get caught is if you are carrying a beer can like an idiot...every boat out there has booze on it.

I live about 2 miles from dissappearing island and while it is fun and all it is salt and it does have a very prominent tidal change.Also it gets packed fast on weekends...I mean fast.On top of that you have to leave eventually so that means drunk boating to get back to the ramp..Oh thats a lotta fun..The Glen we stay for 3 days and have at it.Plus its a fresh water spring with other things to do...not to mention flat more people.

Now that I think about it, I haven't missed a holiday weekend in 4 years out at the springs and I have yet to personally see one single person get a ticket for alchohol and I tie-up right in the middle with my group...zero hassle.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Banned

My buddy always stays 3 or 4 days on the holiday weekends. He's never had a problem, other than when he runs out of beer. It does get damn crowded on the holiday weekends. I wouldn't even think of taking the Formula in there then. I'm afraid the surface drives would turn into swimmer blenders. There are always people swimming around. It is a damn nice spot though. Debbie likes to swim there, but that spring water is too cold for my cracker azz.

Where are you putting in?
Attached Thumbnails Lake George In Florida Silver Glen-6-14-028.jpg   Lake George In Florida Silver Glen-6-14-031.jpg   Lake George In Florida Silver Glen-wave.jpg  

Old 07-26-2007, 05:10 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah, water is 74 degrees year round, my nuts hyde when at the Glen. Great place to stay over night. Fresh water is always the best place for boat and people. Disappearing Island has salt water and is rough on gear and boat.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really have ZERO idea what the heck you are talking about.
The lake and Marion cops are not nearly as bad as you say matter of fact in the last several years I have been going out there and stayin for 4 days at a time on BIG weekends I have had exactly ZERO incidents with the law..and trust me I have a full bar in the cabin of my little cruiser and a stereo to match it.
Maybe you've been very lucky.
My friend was out there last weekend and the cops "inspected" his buddy's houseboat twice. Both times the cops said park employees called them in. So they decided to move out to anchor beyond the park boundries. No more inspections after that.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Originally Posted by Iggy
Maybe you've been very lucky.
My friend was out there last weekend and the cops "inspected" his buddy's houseboat twice. Both times the cops said park employees called them in. So they decided to move out to anchor beyond the park boundries. No more inspections after that.

No doubt I have been lucky but that is not really the point here...your friends must have been doing something very wrong to get that kind of attention.It's simply not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Some of my buddies were out there about 3 months ago, anchored at the mouth of the run to be able to drink & stay the night. Cops asked them why they were out there; they answered "so we can drink", cops told them they were the only ones obeying the law & that they should go in the Glen & have fun, but not be stupid about it. Keep it in plastic cups, don't act stupid, etc. & you should be fine.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Andy0331
Some of my buddies were out there about 3 months ago, anchored at the mouth of the run to be able to drink & stay the night. Cops asked them why they were out there; they answered "so we can drink", cops told them they were the only ones obeying the law & that they should go in the Glen & have fun, but not be stupid about it. Keep it in plastic cups, don't act stupid, etc. & you should be fine.
I was going to say the same thing. Don't be obvious about it, and don't be acting foolish, and you shouldn't have a problem. I've seen several LEO there, and they weren't looking for trouble, but they'd take care of it if they see it. I've never seen them just pull over a boat to search it, or board one that was anchored. Mostly I see them pull over jetskiers for blasting in no wake zones.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered

we don't turn it up till dark..by then the boys have left and won't return.