Notices

Boat is For Sale - I Quit

Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beacon Light marina in Bowleys Quaters MD is a Yamaha Dealer and have great service tech guy one of them is my cousin Isure they would willing to help you out Give them a call
Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg,
If you need a trailer, I have the one for the Formula. You are more than welcome to use anytime. I haveit on a lift now so the trailer just sits. Call me if you need more help.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott B - Thanks for the offer. I really want to find one place for motors and install if I end up having to go that way so they can be responsible for the whole thing. I even thought of sending the boat back down to FL, but don't know who you can trust.

copiercat - They shifted fine when I put it away which is why it's so frustrating to get ready to go out and have nada. I checked the cable, and it matches the other motor. I can't even shift it when the motor is off. When the motor is running you can feel the shift collar start to engage by the vibration back through the cable but it won't budge, you can just feel the cable flexing if you push harder.

Pantera24 - Yes, it's agreat hull, but I think it was too long without love and attention and I don't have the time/space/$ to strip it to a bare hull and do it over up to my standards (I'm spoiled by the quality of the Formula rigging).

Scott C - Thanks for the offer. If I can't sell it and stumble onto some motors I may take you up on it.

Ironic thing is that since it seemed to be running well I spent my boat maintenance funds buying my daughter a new boat (a Laser) and building a new dock ramp so she can launch it. Trying to start her with a good experince, so bought that one new. Also, it's the only boat I've seen where 3-4 year old ones were selling for $300-400 less than the brand new race rigged one. Only boat I've heard of that actually is a good investment.

-g

Last edited by GregP; 07-25-2007 at 01:14 PM.