E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Notices

E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Old 07-24-2007, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
That's fine, I think all the OL's should stay in calm water. And as far as how OL kicked everyones azz last year??? Are you talkin about the 47 OL with 1075's against the 47 Fountain with 525's that they could'nt shake off their azz into the first card stop???
Yeah, I remember that, the Ol was first by about a few seconds over 30 miles of running 8 footers. It's just too bad that Bob Hennif's Fountain did'nt have equal power. Now, that would've been something to watch.

I suppose you were right with them so you know how close everyone was. It was more like minutes. And you sound like you know alot about boats. So are you saying that in big water more horsepower is better. I 've always thought that it was a equalizer at least that is the only time I have been able to run with the fast cats. I guess my point is that I am sure last year during the poker run you ran your boats best speed ever in the rough
Old 07-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Straitjacket
Erik you left Jim's loudest boat award at the bar on sat. Somers has it and we plus Kool Aid might just have to fly down and drop it off. You said 100 yards off the water we can land HMMMMM.

Bring it to Grand Lake 8-11 or the LOTO Shoot out!! My boat can't be loud at LOTO. Sorry if I offended anybody. Thanks for the loudest boat award. What did you say.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Louder the better
Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Honestly, do we have to go through this...again? There is NO "AZZ KICKING" in a Poker Run!!!! It's not about how fast you are, or how expensive your boat is, it's about having a good time and meeting new people...something that was exceptionally true during this year's run. Don't make this into an argument of "E-dock vs. OL" or "Fountain vs. OL"...it's not that at all.
Good point Mike. I think I can speak for most of the E-dock guys and certainly for myself. First of all we all had a blast at the run in Chicago. Secondly we really like the OL guys and the way they run their boats. Most of them really like to run hard and that makes it fun for some of us. They will be at Sarasota, Key West and many others as we have all been for many years in the past and we look forward to a great time as usual. PS I think that was my longest post ever. I won't do it again. Peace!!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Bring it to Grand Lake 8-11 or the LOTO Shoot out!! My boat can't be loud at LOTO. Sorry if I offended anybody. Thanks for the loudest boat award. What did you say.
Your boat sounded awsome. I was idling by when you started up and what a great sound.

You definitely deserved that award.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

I don't know, all this power we had a hell of a great time with 500 EFI's and bravo's. We just loved getting some air once or twice The E-Dock boats were cool just wish I could have a ride in one of them.
Frank 10X it was nice to talk to you also. Hope we can get down once more this summer.

If anyone has a pic of us getting air I sure would like one for my wall. Thanks
Indecent Exposure
Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Unhappy

I wish Boyne had not been the same weekend also. I understand they had to move their dates because of SOTW. They picked our weekend and I am still Okay with that.

This is what I had a problem with from the Poker Run Section:

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
I hear tell some cool stuff is happening 4 BT!!! Stay tuned!!!!
Originally Posted by edge_kw
Heard a few rumors........ Hot Boat Mag.....O.L. factory team.....maybe more!!!
Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Well Tracy, the Outerlimits started rolling into town tonight. Dean from T.A.O.D flew in with his heli. and took my son up for a ride, checked out the course and he couldn't believe how beautiful it is up here. Hurry and get your butt up here, we have some serious hardware.

This is how we found out we had lost a helicopter that was promised to us. The Art Of Design had volunteered the use of their Helicopter to fly the Hotboat Magazine Photographer at the 2007 Chicago Poker Run. In return TAOD was given a sponsorship for this years event. It worked out great last year as Dean did a great job flying EBM at the event. As promised we had the TAOD logo on our shirt. We counted on that Helicopter and it wasn't there. No phone call.....nothing.

We are a non-for profit club trying to raise money for Children's Memorial Hospital.

Dan

Last edited by candyman35; 07-24-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I did not mean to open a can of worms regarding what poker runs OL decides to attend. I am surprised that a company like OL would leave you guys in a jam like that over the helicopter, especially with no notice.

In reference to the dates Ysbert it is correct, I spoke to JBoyne later today and he told me that Marc (SOTW) called him very early in the year and asked him if they could change their date because July 4th was on a Wednesday and he could not get a permit from Grand Haven for the first weekend in July like in past years. Unfortuantely Boyne could not be run the last weekend in July since it is Venetian Festival on the Lake. Out of respect for the older established run they let SMOKE have their original date. So that left them with the 3rd weekend in July, they felt their run is smaller and would not be as much of a conflict with Chicago as it would be if it was the same weekend as SMOKE. 08 looks like it will be the same again, Marc hopes to run SMOKE and wants the second weekend since July 4th is on a Friday and Chicago (according to Mark Smith) will rightfully hold their event on the third weekend. So Boyne either has to run the same weekend as SMOKE or Chicago or move their run to August, which the city does not really want to do. Lake MI has so much to offer in boating and we have so many locations that are perfect for poker runs, the big problem is our summer is just to darn short to spread them out

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-24-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Steve - I have to laugh when people talk of political b.s. then get right in the middle of it. ...
I did not choose to get in the middle of anything. I'm the treasurer for the club and therefore am the guy who writes the checks and that puts me in the middle of it. Outerlimits' act was very unprofessional and the ones who ultimately pay for their choice is a charity. As far as my comments regarding Boyne, I was just answering a question raised about why we were on the same date. I truly hope the runs are on separate dates in the future so people have a chance to do both, though I'm not certain my liver could handle it.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they just heard that there was a new safety guy in town and got SCARED. You know Chi-town , big black cars, Corn fields , that kind of stuff. We can be kinda scary.

Quick Reply: E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.