Notices

OSO-SHOOTOUT-LOTO Fun Run

Old 07-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OSO-SHOOTOUT-LOTO Fun Run

Were all preparing for a great shootout this year, and as usual another OSO run on friday before the races, Need everybody's thoughts, last year we got rained out but the plan was to meet at Dog Day's, site of the OSO party friday night. meet at 11:00 am and start the fun run then return to start the party, Need everyones thoughts and Ideas. Steve what are you thinking?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Banned

are we goinng to have a run this year? any comments.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm game.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

there is a two day poker run, one day of which is Friday. I would think that most people would be participating in that.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm down for the entire week so I will be looking for something to do. I definately will need to run with the slow group though.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OSO
there is a two day poker run, one day of which is Friday. I would think that most people would be participating in that.
PLease explain a two day poker run. New to me.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Registered

The Friday run to Big ****s started years ago as a fun run with around a dozen boats. We all ran together and showed up at BD around the same time, got tables close together and socialized over sandwiches and appetizers.

It became an "organized" event a couple years ago with group reservations, reserved slips etc. A lot of serious hardware showed up to make the run (which was cool). No more running together. By the time we got there the reserved tables were full, food was up and the party was well underway. Once we got a table and put our order in many of the other boats were leaving.

I think we'll do what we did last year, putz around and hit a few new places that have opened this year.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
The Friday run to Big ****s started years ago as a fun run with around a dozen boats. We all ran together and showed up at BD around the same time, got tables close together and socialized over sandwiches and appetizers.

It became an "organized" event a couple years ago with group reservations, reserved slips etc. A lot of serious hardware showed up to make the run (which was cool). No more running together. By the time we got there the reserved tables were full, food was up and the party was well underway. Once we got a table and put our order in many of the other boats were leaving.

I think we'll do what we did last year, putz around and hit a few new places that have opened this year.
I know alot of us did the FUN run last yr. as in yrs past. We were some of the first boats there and we're not part of the organized event. I only mention this so that you don't think that everyone there early was part of the organized run and decide not to do the fun run. This is what I have done the last few yr and hope to do this yr if it works out.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Its not so bad being in the back of the pack.....

By the time you get to Big Dicck's you can steal french fries off everyone else's plate...

Originally Posted by Spine Tingler
PLease explain a two day poker run. New to me.
Superman... make sure I get you the map to Dr. Stuckey's house.. We go over there and drink his beer all the time... Its REAL close to Toad & Shady Gators

Last edited by SinkorSwim; 07-31-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:23 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Ok than fun run it is, the OSO boat will be docked at Dog Days all weekend, what time do you want to meet Friday Morning at the Dog?

Anyone got a boat I can run, I am boatless??

Quick Reply: OSO-SHOOTOUT-LOTO Fun Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.