I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today >

I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Notices

I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Old 07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Our condolences Mitch. Ours mean the world to us; and we definitely know how you feel.
Attached Thumbnails I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today-img_6963.jpg  
Old 07-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey DT, I am not quiet getting what you said. She gave your dog away? Did you miss an S when you said "he and me"? If someone took my dog away I would go back and get it. Then figure out who goes next and since I went back to get the dog that only leaves one person to leave. I have spent some good time with KC, she has made this so much better. I vacuumed my truck and tried to get all the yellow hair that was left, I did this once a week and the house twice, I bet I picked up, brushed off and ate enough yellow hair to make 10 coats. KC is no were near as bad but she is black and most of what I have was light to hide the Tara hair...thats what it was called and it is in places I have yet to find. I bet I could brush her for a week and it would still come off. So things are getting better but if I was alone I would be feeling 10 times worse. I will do the same thing with KC, get a puppy at about 6 and let her train it too. Thanks again to all, this is a topic that hits almost everyone and since it happens so soon it happens all the time. Thank goodness people live past 12....we would run out of room to bury them These are old pictures, KC is 2 now but this was the first time Tara would let her touch her.
Attached Thumbnails I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today-kc-dog-12005-027-small-.jpg   I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today-kc-dog-12005-032-small-.jpg   I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today-kc-dog-12005-036-small-.jpg  

Old 08-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Mitch,
I just reread this thread again and keep reflecting on your feeding McDonalds french fries to Tara. I do the same about once a week with our dog.
One thing I'm sure of .... dogs make us better people.
ed
Old 08-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered

I feel your pain, but who ever said dogs are the only ones is dead wrong I have lost both cats and dogs in the last six months, my wife and I rescue horribly abused animals and all animal's are special in there own way, they love without predudice, and thank GOD don't care if their owner is ugly, well in my case only. My god find another lost soul for you to love.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered

Mitch, we're sorry to read about Tara.
If you'd like to come to the house for a beer give me a call. 403-3962
Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mitch, sorry to hear about Tara. I had to say goodbye to my dog after 14 years and it is hard to do. Take care and I hope to see you on the water.

- Jeff
Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

I know that it must be different, now that I am no longer here.

I realize how much I was loved and how all of you did care.

I know it will be hard at first when you look around for me.

Expecting to find me in my bed or beside my favorite tree.

Someday you will begin to see, although it'll take some time, the happy times you shared with me, the memories are yours and mine.

I'll remember you, my family, and how much you meant to me.

So please don't grieve and don't be sad, it was just my time to leave.

#@#@#@#@
Someone sent me the above when our puppy died. Something that helped us was going to a concrete statue place with a picture of Bailey and they painted a statue to look very similar to him. Certainly not the same but it kind of helped bring closure.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered

So sorry for your loss. My Boxer was put down last year. I have a 5 year old American Bulldog still and just got an English Bulldog weeks ago. The new puppy has potentially deadly health issues. It had me in tears off and on for days. Your story choked me up too. I decided to keep the sick puppy so the POS breeder would not put her down. She will live as long as possible under my watch.

Hang in there. We feel your loss.
Mark
Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

So sorry to hear. There is nothing like the love of a pet. Not looking forward to the day when my Cheyenne goes, she will be 16 in Nov.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:13 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So sorry for your loss...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Quick Reply: I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.