Like Tree0Likes

Bbc Vs. Egg Beaters

Reply

Old 07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
  #11
Registered
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Lafayette,La
My Boat: 31 IMP CC Mercury Bulldog/SSM V
Posts: 5,781
Default

i wish i had done a bracket and twin 250's on my cigarette..

it would have been finished a loooong time ago...and i would actually have a boat to USE right now....

live and learn ,but as another member on here told me on the phone ,there is no sweeter sound than a BB with dry pipes!!!!

it will be worth the time in the end..
open87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:55 PM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mansfield, TX
My Boat: 1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 2005 Pioneer 175 Venture
Posts: 5,862
Default

I don't like how the outboards trailer. Does the transom have a limited life with all that weight hanging off? I would think it does, but I've never had one. I've seen transoms on a lot of bass boats have a limited life.
TexomaPowerboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:01 PM
  #13
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
northernoffshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ft. myers, fl.
My Boat: 33 powerplay 20 mako , 30 spectre ,22 velocity,
Posts: 2,487
Default

that active thunder is a great boat originally built for Livorsi and it ran great with the o/b's .it's dash was in their catalog for years. Hey texoma here is my old vector/python w o/b's.

Last edited by northernoffshore; 07-31-2007 at 01:05 PM.
northernoffshore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 PM
  #14
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
northernoffshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ft. myers, fl.
My Boat: 33 powerplay 20 mako , 30 spectre ,22 velocity,
Posts: 2,487
Default

Here is a pic of it.
Attached Thumbnails Bbc  Vs.  Egg Beaters-python.jpg  
northernoffshore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
  #15
Registered
 
DonziChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
My Boat: 33' Donzi CC
Posts: 1,114
Default

I haven't been thrilled with my outboard recently. I've had some fuel problems and now it won't go over an idle. Make sure that you either know outboards well or can find someone easily that can fix it. Personally, I would rather have an I/O.

I've been having problems finding people to work on it and actually fix it.

Thanks to Joe, I may have a running boat this weekend

Last edited by DonziChick; 07-31-2007 at 01:30 PM.
DonziChick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:51 PM
  #16
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boat: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,779
Default

Originally Posted by DonziChick View Post
I haven't been thrilled with my outboard recently. I've had some fuel problems and now it won't go over an idle. Make sure that you either know outboards well or can find someone easily that can fix it. Personally, I would rather have an I/O.

I've been having problems finding people to work on it and actually fix it.

Thanks to Joe, I may have a running boat this weekend
I have also had problems with my OB on my Proline because of the E10 fuel. After chasing the problem for a while we put two more filters on it and fun sea foam and no more problems.Knock on wood
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:52 PM
  #17
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boat: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,779
Default

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
I don't like how the outboards trailer. Does the transom have a limited life with all that weight hanging off? I would think it does, but I've never had one. I've seen transoms on a lot of bass boats have a limited life.
Transom saver is a must.
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:53 PM
  #18
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boat: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,779
Default

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo View Post
If its not a CC or a cat, stick with the BBC. Something about the combo just doesnt seem natural.....IMO. Its your money.
I kind of feel the same way and would like the BBc but for some reason im liking the the twin beaters, Maybe its the fact that i would get more room and the peace of mind of 2 engines.
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
  #19
Registered
 
DonziChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
My Boat: 33' Donzi CC
Posts: 1,114
Default

Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
I have also had problems with my OB on my Proline because of the E10 fuel. After chasing the problem for a while we put two more filters on it and fun sea foam and no more problems.Knock on wood
Mine was dry rotted recirculation (??) lines in the outboard, a check valve and an old line from the tank to the outboard.
DonziChick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:15 PM
  #20
Registered
 
Clay Washington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
My Boat: 1990 Cigarette Bullet
Posts: 6,986
Default

I/O BBC in fresh water

O/B Eggbeaters in salt water

Just my two-cents...
Clay Washington is offline  
Reply With Quote

Quick Reply: Bbc Vs. Egg Beaters


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser