Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another boat buying scam coming around.... >

Another boat buying scam coming around....

Notices

Another boat buying scam coming around....

Old 08-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another boat buying scam coming around....

The last time I posted about a boat buying scam I received alot of phone calls personally and emails from others who thanked me for posting all the info the scammers had asked me. Once their names and/or info is posted somewhere on the INTERNET becomes very helpful to others. especially when they "SEARCH" the name or other info they can. WELL the NEW one goes like this...

Hello:

I am very much interested in buying this boat, please Kindly get back to me with your final price for some consideration, In receipt of your final price I will then ask you some questions concerning this boat.

Jerry
SENDER'S NAME: Jerry St
TELEPHONE: Buyer did not Provide
AND HIS EMAIL...the only lead is: [email protected] j88jerry at yahoo.com I typed it this way so it could be searched and come up

NOW if this turns out to be legit, I will delete the thread, but my gut is telling...it is a scam

BTW...this came out of boat trader online

Last edited by enticer; 08-05-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

The broken language is the key...even if you have doubts then tell them either the price went up 100% or the ad was grossly wrong...if they still come back then it is obvious.

I prefer to respond with a meatspin re-direct link...maybe a lemonparty the next time.You'll get a laugh if nothing at all.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

I got the EXACT SAME e-mail!!! The only difference is the e-mail addy and the name in use. Unfortunately i don't remember either of them because i deleted them already. Anyways, i replied with my final price...(which i said was 5grand HIGHER then what i have on Boat Trader), he still replied back wanting to buy it for his sons wedding present but he's in africa, sons in brazil, wife is in orbit or something...blah blah blah. SCAM! My ad is also on boat trader. Keep an eye out for these scum. I got this e-mail about 1 week ago and he's STILL trying to contact me. LOL
BILL
Old 08-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

These things have been around for a long time. Some guy tried the "I'm sending you too much money" scam with my brother and we played along with him and he sent a fake check. Looked real as hell. The guy kept calling and saying he wanted his money. Man we had fun with him!
Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Freeryd
I got the EXACT SAME e-mail!!! The only difference is the e-mail addy and the name in use. Unfortunately i don't remember either of them because i deleted them already. Anyways, i replied with my final price...(which i said was 5grand HIGHER then what i have on Boat Trader), he still replied back wanting to buy it for his sons wedding present but he's in africa, sons in brazil, wife is in orbit or something...blah blah blah. SCAM! My ad is also on boat trader. Keep an eye out for these scum. I got this e-mail about 1 week ago and he's STILL trying to contact me. LOL
BILL

Yeap...I posted that one about 2-3 weeks ago. His name was something like Ron Stobelies from Canada...even with his birth date...which at that point I knew he was full ****
Old 08-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

The worst part of this is some people fall for these, even after all the press on how to spot them and warnings.... they still find victims. I wish someone would do this to me, I would have a riot jerking their chain.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

I recently got a call for a kubota tractor I had for sale guys from Canada seemed fishy but he paypals a 1000 deposit and wants to bring a money order for the balance I said no way cash or bank wire. He is coming wed. with cash so he says we will see.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Registered

Keep a close eye on your PayPal account
Old 08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

I only keep a few bucks there and change my password often.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Just my .02 is that your tractor sale will be legit. Typically...if they CALL or something other then e-mail/write you're safe. (for the most part) Obviously, still be cautious, but i'd be willing to bet you're ok with that one.

Quick Reply: Another boat buying scam coming around....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.