Notices

water pressure guage help

Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Forgive my ignorance...

Sorry Red Dog for hijacking Hopefully the info is worth something to you, or somebody else that might be reading
No problem with any input. I, too, am ignorant about this rigging and any experience or knowledge if helpful, even if it doesn't necessarily apply to my set-up.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should the lines be bled/purged with antifreeze upon winterizing and re-bled again on spring commissioning?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mine going to the intake manifold. It reads around 20 at 4000 RPM with the stock plastic bravo pump...I would like to get the bronze pump, anyone ever try one? any good?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Should the lines be bled/purged with antifreeze upon winterizing and re-bled again on spring commissioning?

It shouldn't have to be. Its just like the speedo hose.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by chaparral 2550sx
I have mine going to the intake manifold. It reads around 20 at 4000 RPM with the stock plastic bravo pump...I would like to get the bronze pump, anyone ever try one? any good?
The bronze pumps from Jabsco have been around for ever and are nice pieces. I don't know what it would do as far as water pressure goes.

I do know that I had a new Sierra pump/impeller on mine, and I switched it to a new Merc one, and gainned 4 lbs of pressure at WOT. There IS a difference there.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Forgive my ignorance...I've got Mk IV 454MAGs running stock GM aluminum manifolds. There's a bypass hose that runs from under the thermostat opening down to the circ pump.
I'm sorry, I totally forgot about that hose. As I'm not running a Stat, but a restrictor, I don't have that hose anymore. I don't see why it wouldn't work there, as that is a water passage direct from the block.

I don't like putting the senders in the block because it seems that they can get full of crap there from teh rust etc in the block. Thats why I like them up on the water passage in the intake.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the duke
I don't like putting the senders in the block because it seems that they can get full of crap there from teh rust etc in the block. Thats why I like them up on the water passage in the intake.
I agree. Not to mention that getting to the block drain is a PITA
Thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Here is a pic where I pit mine. Just tap a 1/8npt into the manifold where I did. I put a 90 on it and painted it black. If you put it in the manifold.....it will not stay clogged up like they do in the bottom of the block.

Yelp mine keeps getting rust and sand clogging it up. I have a cross over I could run the water press hose up there.Good idear

I wonder if there is any diff in water pressure over the bockk drain plug over reading it in the crossover?????

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris,
If you are interested, I will show you my rigging at PIB this weekend. We bleed off potential steam pockets and monitor the WP from the same set-up at the intake manifold.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
Chris,
If you are interested, I will show you my rigging at PIB this weekend. We bleed off potential steam pockets and monitor the WP from the same set-up at the intake manifold.
On my Whipple intake they bleed off the back with a 1/8 pipe fitting with about a 3/16 hose t ing into 1 dump overboard.

My Littlefield blower Intake I plumbed the rear 2 port #12 the front 2 fittings T ing into it and them dumped thru the headers.

I have had 2 dyno shop guys tell me they have seen some HP diff getting the hot water off the rear.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: water pressure guage help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.