Notices

Florida Engineering jobs?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe Sea Ray is in florida and posts on Monster quite a bit for openings.

Too be honest I always thought searching out jobs on my own was the way to go but now i swear by headhunters. Its not always just what ya know but who you know. Just a thought to give them a try in the areas you're interested in as well. many of the best jobs never even get posted. its how majority of CEOs get their jobs so theres gotta be something to it!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
I believe Sea Ray is in florida and posts on Monster quite a bit for openings.

Too be honest I always thought searching out jobs on my own was the way to go but now i swear by headhunters. Its not always just what ya know but who you know. Just a thought to give them a try in the areas you're interested in as well. many of the best jobs never even get posted. its how majority of CEOs get their jobs so theres gotta be something to it!!!
Ditto. A lot of headhunters don't want to work with new graduates though.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Registered

AIC,

Not sure what branch of ME you are looking to pursue but the company I work for has offices in Tampa, Ft. Myers, Orlando, Miami, Deerfield Beach, Jacksonville, and Tallahassee. We are consulting engineers to the building industry and our ME's focus primarily on commercial and industrial HVAC. If interested, let me know and I can hand deliver your resume to our HR director. Also let me know what office you may want to work in.

Mike

Last edited by BigMike; 08-08-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered

Thanks but AIC is the ME looking for a job. I'm Chem E and pretty happy where I'm at.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

Wow, you responded within the time that it took me to realize my error and correct it!

AIC,

If interested in the field of consulting engineering in the Tampa area, I can also help you understand which companies you do NOT want to work for.

Mike
Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
jmeng,

Not sure what branch of ME you are looking to pursue but the company I work for has offices in Tampa, Ft. Myers, Orlando, Miami, Deerfield Beach, Jacksonville, and Tallahassee. We are consulting engineers to the building industry and our ME's focus primarily on commercial and industrial HVAC. If interested, let me know and I can hand deliver your resume to our HR director. Also let me know what office you may want to work in.

Mike
So.....You have an office in Fort Myers? I would love to stop driving 50 miles one way to work in Naples. I might be intersted. Do you need to be a Professional Engineer to be in the building industry?

Thanks
Don
Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigMike
Wow, you responded within the time that it took me to realize my error and correct it!
I'm quick like that.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
AIC
Registered

BigMike,

I am extremely interested! May I have your email address or if you prefer my email is [email protected]

Thank you!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Fla is really sucky right now,taxes,ins,will kill you not to mention that in the summer here is like living up north in the winter,kinda have to hibernate cuz its too damn hot.i would advise to pick somewhere in the middle...
The Breaking Point Could Be Near

New trends in economic activity continue to show Florida homeowners may be at the breaking point. Property taxes and insurance despite some tinkering continue to sap property owners of their ability to pay. A recent Zogby International poll shows half of South Florida residents and 37 percent statewide are considering moving out of state. Home Foreclosures continue to rise and Florida is second only to California nationwide. Florida however is closing the gap and predictions show a 27 percent rise in foreclosures as a sluggish housing market continues. South Florida has been particularly hard hit with overvalued properties and high property taxes. A lot of property owners are more than three months late and their lenders have notified them of their intent to foreclose. This in turn is going to cause late notices going out in the fall and a new glut of homes on the market by next summer. Tighter credit and fewer options for homeowners with nervous lenders is spelling disaster for Florida and across the nation. This credit crunch sent the Dow plummeting 280 points Friday alone. The impact on the economy of the excessive local government taxation is reflected in the 1.5 billion sales tax revenue shortfall to the State of Florida. The Local government continues to spend on corporate welfare and failed social programs. The insatiable appetite of Unions for excess government worker benefits has required ever higher taxes to fund their pension and health benefits plans. These perks are so generous that no private sector worker could ever dream of having them.

These results underscore the need for further reform for property owners. The voters in January will vote on whether the super-homestead amendment is right for them or reach for something more substantial. Decisions are being made by our legislative bodies that may or may not be in our best interest. The constant lobbying by outside groups has diluted what reform we get, and now we are in the midst of an economic crisis. The Orlando Sentinel has estimated that population growth in Clearwater and St. Petersburg has decreased in 2005-2006. Indicators in the housing market are not showing a rebound any time soon as residents are deciding if it’s worth staying. While all these indicators alone may not be that significant, but together pose a significant threat to Florida and the American dream of home ownership. Those that do have it are finding it increasing hard to hold onto it. Each month that goes by we are losing a piece of our state to reckless and arrogant lawmakers that have put on blinders to what is happening. The voters need to regain control of their way of life. The time may be right for a constitutional ballot amendment for November 08. If it’s a proposition 13, California equivalent or a Sales tax amendment that needs to get the job done then so be it. You decide.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

I am ME and took a job at Mother Ford right outta school, took a pay cut to come work for Raytheon (Mil Electronics) in St. Pete (Tampa area). I love it here and I have not missed Dearborn for even 1/2 second. Most of the mechanical engineering work in Florida is electronics packaging or HVAC. It is true the pay is less compared to NE, and our property taxes sux, but we have no state income tax and that helps, a little. My personal focus was to have a job I could tolerate and live where I wanted to live, hence my move to Florida. I am curious, have you done any internships while at school? That helps figure out what style of work you want to do, ME is pretty broad and you can go lots of directions (which is good thing).

Quick Reply: Florida Engineering jobs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.