Key West Races in November? >

Key West Races in November?

Notices

Key West Races in November?

Old 08-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key West Races in November?

Has anyone been to the offshore races in Key West? Was thinking about going down, but didn't know if I should go the whole week or do you have enough action toward the last weekend? Thought about spending some time in the other keys if a whole week wasn't warranted. Is there a lot going on? How close can you get to the races?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went a few years ago, racing started on Wed and went thru Sun. So if you show up on Wed morning till Sun you see it all.
We bought the all week pass, you can go thru the pits and go to all the partys with the racers. I thought it was the perfect amount of time. As far as getting close, we stood on the sea wall and you could see everything, they would come by at 150ft from you AWSOME!!!!!!!! Got all kinds of pics.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

We are going again this year. Wed.-Sun is when all the action happens. If you are going for the week, come in the weekend before, the racing starts wednesday. You can see pretty good from the sea wall where the cruise ships normally dock. Its a great time, bring your walking shoes.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark
Wayne and Brian went down last year, talk to them. Said they had a great time. Wayne is going back this year.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Rebel,

Stay for the week, believe me you won't regret it. The other Keys are basically for relaxing....there isn't much else to do. During race week 11/4-11-11, the town is full of people and there is always something going on.....it is a HUGE event for Key West. Come by the dry pits in the Truman Annex and see the boats and teams on display....come by the Areces Rodriguez, P.A./Pollo Tropical P3-19 boat and say "Hi". As for seeing the race, go to the outer mole or the deck of the hotels at the end of Duval street......we come by as close as 50' from shore at full throttle ....oh, did I mention the street party????here are some pics........that's Albert, my throttleman at the street party thinking...."My wife's going to kill me when she finds out about the dancing"..........

see you there!

Frank
Attached Thumbnails Key West Races in November?-kermani-2-resized.jpg   Key West Races in November?-key-west-party-resized.jpg  

Last edited by thedonz; 08-12-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:51 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Race days are Wed. Fri. and Sunday.
And everyday is a re-coop from Duval St. the night before and re-group for Duval that evening!!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

Sounds like a great time. I'll be making reservations today. Is there any need to have a car? I would image there is public transportation and probably no parking.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:12 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
Race days are Wed. Fri. and Sunday.
And everyday is a re-coop from Duval St. the night before and re-group for Duval that evening!!!!!
I agree Chuckbeecher.ALOT OF
Old 08-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rebel.......

I will be interested to hear if you found a hotel room. If you were lucky enough to find one downtown or somewhere near the pit area or Mallory Square......you won't need a car, but you will need those walking shoes.
GOOD LUCK..........pd
Old 08-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

rent a scooter!!!

Quick Reply: Key West Races in November?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.