Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   opinion on the 700i campion never heard of campion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/166002-opinion-700i-campion-never-heard-campion.html)

rob 221 lib man 08-13-2007 10:48 AM

opinion on the 700i campion never heard of campion

:D looking at trading the lib for a new 700i campion chase seems to good a deal for the price $78000.00 high performance boat loaded with every bell and wistle you can put on a boat including fly buy wire( no cables!!). never seen these boats before don't know much about them so if anybody out there has one or had one in past, give me your opinion good bad or so,so thanks.

Sydwayz 08-13-2007 11:07 AM

Campion is a little more of your express runabout, rather than traditional offshore go-fast. With only an 18 degree deadrise, you do not have a Deep-V; and are going to have a rough ride in anything over a few inches of chop.

They are more on par with the Glastron-Carlson and Stingray lines of boats.

rob 221 lib man 08-14-2007 05:05 PM

regarding campion

would it handle chop like my liberator 221 ? and is all im going to get with a 496 h.o is low 60's that sucks out of a 26 foot boat when the swim platform is two feet bolted on back so it is really only 24 feet !! sorry to complain but i was hoping to get closer to 70 with out supercharging it. the quality of the boat seems to be terrific compared to the other boats i have looked at.

captdave 08-14-2007 05:44 PM

campion is a decent boat for what it is. The earlier post
was correct on the comparison to Stingray. It is not a
true offshore boat. It is a canadian boat and i think has the
best re sale in the NW part of the country.

ToTheMax 08-14-2007 10:02 PM

The build quality of Campions put them in a different class than Stingrays on construction alone. They make a great product, one of the more innovative boatbuilders in Canada. The Apex hull is a great design, but as said above, they really shine in smaller chop, but a boat that size is somewhat restricted to conditions anyway! Go for it, you'll be pleased! :D

800XCR 08-14-2007 10:31 PM

Lots of other options for that kind of cash....maybe not new, but much more boat with the major deprciation hit already taken. Look around, you'll be happy you did.

onesickpantera 08-14-2007 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by rob 221 lib man (Post 2234939)
would it handle chop like my liberator 221 ? and is all im going to get with a 496 h.o is low 60's that sucks out of a 26 foot boat when the swim platform is two feet bolted on back so it is really only 24 feet !! sorry to complain but i was hoping to get closer to 70 with out supercharging it. the quality of the boat seems to be terrific compared to the other boats i have looked at.

I would say your Lib will handle the chop better, especially when you get in the 1-2' chop.

But if you boat on smooth lakes I wouldn't worry about it.

rob 221 lib man 08-15-2007 06:05 PM

profile boats

how about profile boats they seem ready to please and have a 24 degree dead rise:D

camptappakeg69 08-15-2007 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by rob 221 lib man (Post 2236439)
how about profile boats they seem ready to please and have a 24 degree dead rise:D

OH boy, gettting ready for some interesting feedback.....posted this question last year when i started searching:D

rob 221 lib man 08-15-2007 11:41 PM

boat shopping

yea i hate to stir too much up but ive been pricing boats and i would like to get into a 26 or 27 foot offshore style but im going to have too trade up my 221 lib. and you know dealers they won't give much on trade for a used boat so im going to have to break down and sign my life away on a new one. so im looking for a great boat with fridge ect. and would like maybe wrap around seating so i called around and found a profile dealer said they could do it on a new 304 for 125.000 retail we will have to see how far that price comes down because that might be a little too steep for me. I checked into campions not realizing the dead rise was only 18 degrees and i like to boat michigan winabago ect. and if it's choppy out i don't want get to shaken and have to pack up and put the toy away.:chill-pill: