Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone Using Snaptraxx For Bunk Trailer? >

Anyone Using Snaptraxx For Bunk Trailer?

Notices

Anyone Using Snaptraxx For Bunk Trailer?

Old 08-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 365 Likes on 244 Posts
Default Anyone Using Snaptraxx For Bunk Trailer?

here is the link

http://www.snaptraxx.com/

any good or bad comment on this product? I will need either this or carpet on my trailer so before I go, better ask before! Thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had some rigid plastic bunk pieces like those on a trailer. Everytime I launched I saw more whit gelcoat powder where they were rubbing grooves in the gel. I took them off after a couple months.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I saw them up at 1000 Islands and couldn't understand the benefits vs. the costs. I think the only way they might benefit is if you had a trailer with ill-fitting bunks and neeeded to completely change them. Just my .02
Old 08-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snaptraxx

I am the inventor of Snaptraxx; I am also a boat builder. I developed Snaptraxx primarily to solve two major issues; 1 - Wet, slow drying carpet leaving gel coat blisters on my hulls. 2- Maintenance, I like to spend my time on my boats or improving them not changing carpet.
Snaptraxx consist of a plastic frame that totally encases the lumber and pads that make contact with the hull. The reason the frame and the pads are not the same plastic is because I needed to use softer more forgiving plastic to contact the hull and a more structural plastic in the frame to hold the unit together. Snaptraxx does not wear away gel coat like many of the other products out there.
Molding the pads separately from the frames allows me to vary the friction characteristics of the product. I currently have two styles available; "Grip Sections" and "Slip Sections". On my stepped hulls I primarily use the "Grip Sections". The hull must float free of the bunks before it can move so I like it to stay put as long as possible. The flats fishermen down south prefer all slip sections. The Bass fisherman typically put grip sections in the front and slip in the rear so they can power onto the trailer and then stay put. Benefits of Snaptraxx include; maintenance free, blister elimination, easier launch, they drain water away from the lumber to extend its life, simple installation and good looks.
Please give me a call with any questions and to receave a fellow performance boater discount 585-943-4212.
Thanks[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Using Snaptraxx For Bunk Trailer?-boat.jpg   Anyone Using Snaptraxx For Bunk Trailer?-yellow.jpg  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 365 Likes on 244 Posts

kingston gave you visibility for sure... that is why I asked on this board who was using them... nice product in my opinion...
Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Registered

I like the idea, but to feel them, I thought they would scratch if you came onto the trailer in a less than perfect position. I can't say they would because I havn't used them, but they felt pretty dam sharp on the edge.

Ocean X, do you have pictures of the hull on your boat? Help eliminate this concern? How long have you been useing this on your trailer?

Another benifit may be for some boat lifts. Keep the sand and dirt off.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ocean X
Wet, slow drying carpet leaving gel coat blisters on my hulls.
It looks neat. I have been involved in the hi performance marine business for 10 years now and I have never seen blisters that were cause by wet slow drying bunks on a trailer.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I've always had VERY good luck with high-quality lumber, high-quality bunk carpet, and a light spray down of Liquid Rollers twice a season.
Always use Monel or stainless staples !
Jim
Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered

I love this stuff but I wish I could afford it, I need four 22ft. sections for my cat trailer bunks (tops and sides). Not happening at that price. Almost $2000 OUCH!!!

Last edited by Johnny Venomous; 08-16-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Ditto to posts #6,7,8.

Quick Reply: Anyone Using Snaptraxx For Bunk Trailer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.