Notices

Selling Out

Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Selling Out

Well guys I have really enjoyed chatting over the last few months. I have read and learned from you right much over the last year. I even went and bought and old boat and have completed around 75% of the restoration. There is nothing like being the new guy with the oldest boat spanking everybody's a$$. My boating family here in NC is like no other. We are very close together. Over the last 8 months I have removed original twin 20 gallon fuel tanks and installed a new larger one. Pulled the 305 and lowered a 502 in then out again. I replaced the older wood stringers with composite and rebuilt the entire engine compartment. Installed new composite transom Gel coated the engine compartment and transom. Now I am working on the cockpit area for a full restoration. Today, I just got some news that will hault my project for a while. After just closing on my new house buying and engagement ring I just got a call from my girlfriend. I am going to be a dad. The Dr. says she is 6 weeks pregnant. I am so happy that i cant explain it. One love I am going to have to let go for a while is my boat. Instead of letting everything sit up I will be selling it all. I look forward to the day I can chat back again on the what happened over the weekends.

Later Mike Jones
Old 08-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered

Congratulations!! Keep us posted.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats. I say keep the boat.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Congrats, but keep the boat.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats.

My daughter is almost 8 months old now, I bought a boat again about 6 weeks ago.

Keep your boat. It will save you the time of finding a new one in 6 months.

And, here's a pic of Holly on her first boat ride, and anther in her 'boating outfit'
Attached Thumbnails Selling Out-dsc01314.jpg   Selling Out-hollycutesmall.jpg  
Old 08-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Thanks guys, I will probably keep the boat but sell the engine and get something a little more fuel efficent. I got the 502 to be the fastest. With my new passenger on the way I will be taken it slow and easy.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good move....keep the boat
Old 08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeed UP
Thanks guys, I will probably keep the boat but sell the engine and get something a little more fuel efficent. I got the 502 to be the fastest. With my new passenger on the way I will be taken it slow and easy.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

Keep the boat. The day I bought my Stinger my wife announced that we were expecting our third but unplanned child. We decided to keep the boat, best decision we made. All of our kids have grown up on the water, love boating, can't get enough. The boys were 'driving' before they could ride bikes! We've made some great family memories while boating, I'm sure you will too. Good luck and congrats on your 'new' life!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Registered

Remember that throttle doesn't have to go all the way forward

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it...

Quick Reply: Selling Out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.