Notices

1 800 Runsnew 496 motors

Old 08-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I know some people that have used their motors and had great luck. There was a guy on OSO that got their motors and had very bad luck with them and then HORIBLE warrantee issues. He took them to court and won. I think his motor is for sale in the classifieds now...

Jon
Ditto, there were several people I know of here that had warrenty issues.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They also use deceptive, if not fraudulent descriptive practices in describing the origins of their engines.

Apparently their warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on. That's not an issue if you don't have a problem. If you do get one with an issue, you may be on your own unless you choose to litigate.

As has been said before, there ain't no free lunch/you get what you pay for. Those two phrases have been around longer than all of us and for good reason. It doesn't prevent the naive from ignoring them though.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker
Biggus, did you get one of their made motors or did you get their vesuvio's??

What are the warranties on their motor?? How are they with that??

I've bought several Vesuvio motors and a pair of new GM 454HO crate motors. As far as warranty goes, I've never had a problem, never needed to use it.

Kurt
Old 08-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do some more checking. There are a lot of guys on this board who have regretted doing business with this company. I'm pretty sure there is a way to search old threads, I just don't know how.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
They also use deceptive, if not fraudulent descriptive practices in describing the origins of their engines.

Apparently their warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on. That's not an issue if you don't have a problem. If you do get one with an issue, you may be on your own unless you choose to litigate.

As has been said before, there ain't no free lunch/you get what you pay for. Those two phrases have been around longer than all of us and for good reason. It doesn't prevent the naive from ignoring them though.
What Chris said. I remember a post about a bad deal. The origin of the engines are in question, i.e. Merc never heard of the numbers. Before I bought, I would search the forums for the 1 800 Runsnew outfit and read up for yourself.

caveat emptor maybe.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=1800RUNSNEW
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=1800RUNSNEW
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

I would make these guys put everything in writing!!! Screw that! I should look them up on the better business beareau and see if there is anything there.

Thats why I asked how they could have such great deals?? Is anyone close to making a 490 hp motor at ~8k??
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at getting a set of 622 ci's from them but then they pulled them from their lineup... im sure along with all the warranties they had out on it too...
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

If buying a motor other than merc , ask for a build sheet. I bet you won't get one. If you do it's a better chance of being legit. There are a lot of "repower centers" selling crap. I have no experience with the above mentioned company but I do with another. I regret it. I'm back to merc.

Quick Reply: 1 800 Runsnew 496 motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.