Notices

Gotta Luv It

Old 08-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta Luv It

I know that I "brag" way too much on this forum, but I have to tell this one (recurring) story.

As most of you know, I keep my boat in a marina on Lake Travis near Carlos'N Charlie's. I prefer to pickup my "crew" at Carlos'N Charlies at 1:00 on Sat and Sun afternoons. CnC has better parking than my marina, and it's a great place to gather while we wait for everyone to arrive.

My story is simply the oohs and aahs and handshakes that I get everytime I BACK INTO one of the courtesy slips at CnC.

Although the dock cleats are placed for backing in, most boats pull into the slips. The boats that pull in never look right in the slips.

So, here I come in a beautiful 31-foot Cigarette Bullet with my HP500s sounding good. The restaurant/bar overlooks the slips, so everyone is looking at me. I expertly back into an open slip, jump out of the boat, and tie it off like it was nothing.

I have other boaters smile and tell me that I am making them look bad! I back in a 31-foot Cig and they have to pull in with their 23-foot Baja!

It is a wonderful feeling. Second only to the feeling I have when I leave CnC with a boatload of hotties!

Last edited by Clay Washington; 08-21-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Thats cool man. Working for a marina I was the one who always picked up and took home the customers boats so i got real good at backing the big sport yachts and motor yachts into the slip. Felt good when I took a boat home and picked up the owners and they would just tell me to drive and park it for them cause I was better at it. Nice to know there is something I can do!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Clay, you have got to tell those women to quit blowing smoke up your azz, It's going to your head!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

WoW

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Special
Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you cant back a 31' with twins in more easily than a 23 single, there is something seriously wrong. The bigger the boat the easier it gets

Singles, especially those with a big prop/HP like mine are a pain to back in, I don't even try if there is a fair cross wind. Mine just crabs in whatever direction the prop is facing.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I always found docking a boat with twins much easier than a single. The most difficult being an inboard ski boat because if its lack of steering in reverse.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
If you cant back a 31' with twins in more easily than a 23 single, there is something seriously wrong. The bigger the boat the easier it gets

Singles, especially those with a big prop/HP like mine are a pain to back in, I don't even try if there is a fair cross wind. Mine just crabs in whatever direction the prop is facing.
Exactly! And that's the funny part. It is much easier to back in a heavy boat with twins than a light boat with a single engine. Especially in a crosswind!

Fortunately for me (and my ego), most people don't know that. They just think that I am an awesome driver with a cool boat!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Old 08-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
They just think that I am an awesome driver with a cool boat!
No, they think your the captain of a sleek tuna trawler.

Quick Reply: Gotta Luv It

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.