Notices

Ad in USA Today

Old 08-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can help, my dad has an awesome tool kit.....I will need approximately 40 hours of running time to come to a conclusion and of course a daily allowance for incidentals. Two women with the typical features a superficial man desires (.)(.) will be appreciated, one is the minimum. I will do all this for free as far as my time. Let me know, I will need to plan for this. Thanks.

Last edited by MitchStellin; 08-25-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
I'll tell you what, get me down there and I will make sure it pans out. I will need approximately 40 hours of running time to come to a conclusion and of course a daily allowance for incidentals. Two women with the typical features a man desires (.)(.) will be appreciated, one is the minimum. I will do all this for free as far as my time. Let me know, I will need to plan for this. Thanks.
Mitch, I will consider your generous offer. But just in case do not hold your breath ! LOL. Your a funny guy.
Bob
Old 08-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

MarineMax is a great choice for customers seeking a premium boating experience. I know first hand, because I run a large MarineMax location in New Jersey. Our team members are boaters and are passionate about the boating lifestyle. After every purchase, we spend as much time as it takes to make sure that each customer is completely comfortable operating their new boat. In addition, we offer boating safety, Women on the Water, Children in Boating, Pets on the Water, knot tying, navigation, maintenance and advanced educational courses at no charge to those in our family. We promote the lifestyle of boating with organized Dayaways, family events, luncheon cruises, dive-in movie nights, docktail parties and Getaways where we coordinate and host organized trips for our customers. These events are led by our team members including on-staff captains and service technicians to make sure that our customers can relax and enjoy the experience. This season alone we offered 153 local events for our customers in and around New Jersey. It is through these events that MarineMax customers experience the boating lifestyle, relieve stress, meet other people in boating, spend quality time with their families and develop life-long friendships. At the end of the season, we coordinate and host a 12-day southern migration to Florida for larger boats. On the way down, there are MarineMax facilities along the waterway that are ready and waiting to service our customers. Many customers who would not do this trip alone, enjoy the comfort of doing this with MarineMax and being able to use their boats all year long. Once in Florida, our customers go on organized MarineMax Getaways to exciting locations such as the Bahamas and the Florida Keys. In the spring, we go down and bring our customers safely back home to New Jersey on our Northern migration. This is not for everybody, but I believe that MarineMax is the best kept secret for those seeking a full-service, premium boating experience.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Registered

T2X,

Great thread! This is interesting. Some good points are made and I have a couple thoughts to share. Hopefully this is not any sort of hijack. I would like to address the dealer topic. Being a motorcycle dealer, which is similar in that we are selling toys not Toyota Camry's, I strongly recommend working with your local dealer. Now some local dealers are like Marine Max and some are like Nelems Marine in Jasper,AL. I am not drawing judgment on the size or type of dealer, but rather the QUALITY of the dealer. I have been in huge corporate dealers and small mom and pop stores and there are good and bad in either configuration. You need to find one that makes you feel important, respected, and cared for. That is where you need to do business.

Lets be honest you can buy your toys anywhere and undoubtedly find it cheaper across the country somewhere at some dealer who is dumping inventory for some reason or another. (FYI, that usually tells you something about the dealer.) But is it really worth the trouble and expense of the long distance purchase? What are you really saving? (now if we are talking pre-owned, this is not the case as I too would go cross country for the right toy) Don't you want that personal one-on-one service by someone who cares about you and your future business? Don't you want to feel like you are important and respected?

When we sell a bike we are creating a relationship. When our customers walk in our store we greet them by name and chat for a while, at least as much as we can. When their bikes need service or parts we offer loaner bikes and priority service treatment. When we know they purchased elsewhere to save a couple bucks... not so much. There is more to buying your new toy than price. Remember you are buying a toy, it should be fun, you are not buying a tool or a Camry. Don't you want to establish a good rapport with your local dealer? Meet some locals to go out with and play? Have a place to come and hang out when it's raining? Don't you want to be part of the club? There is so much that people miss by bypassing their local quality dealers just to save a few bucks (or mistakenly assume they are saving a few bucks).

When shopping for a new Donzi the closest local Donzi dealer was Nelems Marine. I spoke with Mr. Nelems several times on the phone and drove the several hours to look at the boats he had. I ended up going pre-owned instead of new, so I purchased from an individual. However, after some quality time with Mr. Nelems I must say I would buy from him in a heartbeat and recommend him to anyone. His store exudes quality and customer service. I know if I was buying I could tell him what I want and he would get me a fair price and we would have a deal. No need to kick him in the knees on price, no cross country purchase games, no BS. Just a mutually beneficial transaction with years of future care and service. We all should be so lucky to have a quality local dealership like this.

Buy the toy you like, from the people you like, at a fair price and everyone wins! You and your checkbook can decide where to spend your $. Spend it with good people who will be there for you when you need them. Lets face it with toys this expensive, isn't customer service more important than a couple bucks?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Banned

I need to buy tires for my truck. I can get them cheaper on the internet, but I'm going with a tire store locally, because even though they are a Goodyear dealer, they'd be a whole lot more likely to go out of their way, if I buy the tires from them. The tires I need are on national backorder, and they have already gone out of their way for me, without me spending a dime there yet. They rotated my tires for free, then took the spare of the spare rim, and mounted it on a standard rim for free.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered

I am the same way, I buy from the local tire dealer, not the big box ones but the ones who were here 20 years before. I just can't do it to them, even if I can save $100, I just feel bad. So, we need to remember that price is not the end all, it is a bench mark and a small part of the decission but not the end all....and don't go to your home town dealer with a price from a big box, you know they can match it but then make no profit. We have to look out for our own and treat others the way we want to be treated. I do this with everything I buy. Just think before you buy.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered

It isn't necessarily the size of the business that determines the customer service relationship. In many cases, it's the "culture." (Hate that word applied to business, but it fits.)

Ever stay at a Ritz-Carlton? You can pay as much to stay elsewhere and you won't top it for service. And the consistency of that service from Ritz to Ritz is unmatched.

For another example: Ask your wife or girlfriend about shopping at Nordstroms.

The relationship you have been talking about, regardless of what's being sold, is about commitment to service before, during and after the sale. Smart company owners realize the easiest customer to find is a repeat customer. They also know that today's customer is much more demanding. (Remember when chain restaurants refused to anything special? Now, even Denny's will do just about anything you ask.)

And that, the ever-demanding and informed consumer, makes the predominance of piss-poor service all the more ironic. Businesses that provide excellent customer service thrive, but they do seem to be fewer and farther between. But size alone, and I am not great fan of corporate America, isn't the only problem.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 100-Plus

For another example: Ask your wife or girlfriend about shopping at Nordstroms.
If my girlfriend tried to tell me about shopping at Nordstroms, she'd have to wait until the swelling went down on her lips before she could finish talking.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dclassic
T2X,

Great thread! This is interesting. Some good points are made and I have a couple thoughts to share. Hopefully this is not any sort of hijack. I would like to address the dealer topic. Being a motorcycle dealer, which is similar in that we are selling toys not Toyota Camry's, I strongly recommend working with your local dealer. Now some local dealers are like Marine Max and some are like Nelems Marine in Jasper,AL. I am not drawing judgment on the size or type of dealer, but rather the QUALITY of the dealer. I have been in huge corporate dealers and small mom and pop stores and there are good and bad in either configuration. You need to find one that makes you feel important, respected, and cared for. That is where you need to do business.

Lets be honest you can buy your toys anywhere and undoubtedly find it cheaper across the country somewhere at some dealer who is dumping inventory for some reason or another. (FYI, that usually tells you something about the dealer.) But is it really worth the trouble and expense of the long distance purchase? What are you really saving? (now if we are talking pre-owned, this is not the case as I too would go cross country for the right toy) Don't you want that personal one-on-one service by someone who cares about you and your future business? Don't you want to feel like you are important and respected?

When we sell a bike we are creating a relationship. When our customers walk in our store we greet them by name and chat for a while, at least as much as we can. When their bikes need service or parts we offer loaner bikes and priority service treatment. When we know they purchased elsewhere to save a couple bucks... not so much. There is more to buying your new toy than price. Remember you are buying a toy, it should be fun, you are not buying a tool or a Camry. Don't you want to establish a good rapport with your local dealer? Meet some locals to go out with and play? Have a place to come and hang out when it's raining? Don't you want to be part of the club? There is so much that people miss by bypassing their local quality dealers just to save a few bucks (or mistakenly assume they are saving a few bucks).

When shopping for a new Donzi the closest local Donzi dealer was Nelems Marine. I spoke with Mr. Nelems several times on the phone and drove the several hours to look at the boats he had. I ended up going pre-owned instead of new, so I purchased from an individual. However, after some quality time with Mr. Nelems I must say I would buy from him in a heartbeat and recommend him to anyone. His store exudes quality and customer service. I know if I was buying I could tell him what I want and he would get me a fair price and we would have a deal. No need to kick him in the knees on price, no cross country purchase games, no BS. Just a mutually beneficial transaction with years of future care and service. We all should be so lucky to have a quality local dealership like this.

Buy the toy you like, from the people you like, at a fair price and everyone wins! You and your checkbook can decide where to spend your $. Spend it with good people who will be there for you when you need them. Lets face it with toys this expensive, isn't customer service more important than a couple bucks?
I agree...well said. The goal should be for our customers to say that they paid a fair price or maybe even a slight premium over our competitors, but it was worth it.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by firstoffshore
MarineMax is a great choice for customers seeking a premium boating experience. I know first hand, because I run a large MarineMax location in New Jersey. Our team members are boaters and are passionate about the boating lifestyle. After every purchase, we spend as much time as it takes to make sure that each customer is completely comfortable operating their new boat. In addition, we offer boating safety, Women on the Water, Children in Boating, Pets on the Water, knot tying, navigation, maintenance and advanced educational courses at no charge to those in our family. We promote the lifestyle of boating with organized Dayaways, family events, luncheon cruises, dive-in movie nights, docktail parties and Getaways where we coordinate and host organized trips for our customers. These events are led by our team members including on-staff captains and service technicians to make sure that our customers can relax and enjoy the experience. This season alone we offered 153 local events for our customers in and around New Jersey. It is through these events that MarineMax customers experience the boating lifestyle, relieve stress, meet other people in boating, spend quality time with their families and develop life-long friendships. At the end of the season, we coordinate and host a 12-day southern migration to Florida for larger boats. On the way down, there are MarineMax facilities along the waterway that are ready and waiting to service our customers. Many customers who would not do this trip alone, enjoy the comfort of doing this with MarineMax and being able to use their boats all year long. Once in Florida, our customers go on organized MarineMax Getaways to exciting locations such as the Bahamas and the Florida Keys. In the spring, we go down and bring our customers safely back home to New Jersey on our Northern migration. This is not for everybody, but I believe that MarineMax is the best kept secret for those seeking a full-service, premium boating experience.

Did you copy it out of a corporate brochure??

Quick Reply: Ad in USA Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.