Looking For Suggestions... >

Looking For Suggestions...

Notices

Looking For Suggestions...

Old 08-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For Suggestions...

from you learned and experienced boaters on this fine forum....I'm new to boating (been around them most my life but never owned) and am looking to spend 25,000 to 35,000 on a used boat. Naturally looking for suggestions on your opinions on well built boats and what I should look for. My preferences from looking on this site lean toward the Scarab or Baja style performance boats, but I'm flexible if there are better boats out there I'd like to know. Most of the use would be lake (I'm close to the Lake of the Ozarks and Kentucky Lake) but it would see river use also (missouri & mississippi), prefer twin BB and 30 ft. min. Anybody??

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There are a few older Formulas in the classified that would meet your needs. Here, many have great lines and standard power.

If you are looking at any boat, make sure you have a good marine survey done.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

Just got off the phone with a guy in Pa. that has a 1990 32 ft. Baja with new 425's in it (20 hrs.), everthing under the canopy (hood cover?) is new and comes with a new Loadmaster triple axle aluminum trailer for $25,000. Pics look great and it seems to be in "like new" condition from what I can see (as much as a 90 can be considered new) I'm intriqued
Old 08-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Steve_H

28 Apache.

it is bigger then most so called 30 ft. boats. can take any beating you want to give it and it will keep its value for many years. only problem is they are hard to come by.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

That's It??? 48 views and 2 replies...Ok guess I'll figure it out myself...Thanks for the 2 replies
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cwilks
That's It??? 48 views and 2 replies...Ok guess I'll figure it out myself...Thanks for the 2 replies
Patience, Grasshopper, patience!

Leave this up and you will gets tons of people trying to sell their boats. Your price range does limit it a bit but look in the classifieds section under each boat manufacturer and scroll through. It will give you an idea of whats out there and what you may like, style, room, power, cabin room, etc. I just saw a 29 Baja Outlaw on e-bay for $35K with 7.4's. Lots of Baja's in that range, also look at Formula 311s, Cig 28s, the mentioned Apache (if you can find one), Pantera 28s, Fountain 35s (kidding), etc. Lots of "off brands" too. Then maybe ask questions about specific boats you like for better answers.

Also may want to try to find local performance boaters in your area to hang with and learn about different boats.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cwilks
Just got off the phone with a guy in Pa. that has a 1990 32 ft. Baja with new 425's in it (20 hrs.), everthing under the canopy (hood cover?) is new and comes with a new Loadmaster triple axle aluminum trailer for $25,000. Pics look great and it seems to be in "like new" condition from what I can see (as much as a 90 can be considered new) I'm intriqued
I have no experience with the 32 Calibers but I have owned 3 Baja's and liked them all. This seems like a good deal but get a survey done and go for a sea trial before buying. And as I mentioned in the previous post, see if a local OSOer might be able to check out the boat with you. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bajas are probably the best bang for the buck. Plus, if you decide to sell it later, it will sell easily because of the name recognition.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got my sunsation for about that same price range.. twin 454's, triple axle trailer, GPS, lots of little goodies.. it was in the classifieds for over a year before it sold.. its definately a buyers market. He came down over 10k in price so, keep lookin!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

I have a freind with an '89 311 Formula for sale. Updated paint, newer Bravo's, and hopped up 420's.

Quick Reply: Looking For Suggestions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.