Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the worst single engine performance boat >

What is the worst single engine performance boat

Notices

What is the worst single engine performance boat

Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

29 Fountain... I thought "it" was over!!!!

As far as the Lavey NuEra post...I've had two of them. One with a single 500efi and currently a 29 with twin 500efi's. Flat or snotty water the boat runs true. Of course, snotty water is where is just blows anything away in its class.

CP
Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
That with an almost 800HP on the back of it. I think it was more driver than boat- young and dumb enough to take it in the Chesapeake Bay to see what she had a couple of dozen times...
Old 08-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JLAY
Yes i am from the parish. My name is jason lay. That was my cousin tony's boat he bought from texas. He wanted to buy mine but at the time i did not want to get rid of it. I believe he still has the motor and all of the hardware, every time i see him i try to buy some of it.

Yep, that's the boat. It was a shame because he had spent a bunch of money on it and never got to use it. It hauled ass right before it came apart. The motor was strong. He was going to put all of the hardware in a new hull that concord would build. I don't know what happened, think he ran short on money.
I was born and raised in da parish. Moved to Na$hville after Katrina. Lived on Jean Lafitte and had chest deep water on the second floor. Not much left to stay for. Eddie.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another parish boy here... I moved to Slidell about a year and a half before Katrina and I am glad I did. My family and all my friends lost everything just like you guys. I always say and it never fails, wherever you go you always meet at least one person from Chalmette... The first time I saw your name Eddie, it rang a bell for some reason. Now I guess I know why. As far as crappy boats go...Hands down to SeaDoo boats. On flat water they are ok but in a 2 foot chop absolutely horrible!!!
I borrowed a friends a couple years back and we brought it to Destin. We rode for about 15 minutes and put it back on the trailer. I pulled it all the way to Destin for a 15 minute ride. That really sucked!!!

Chuck

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Yep, that's the boat. It was a shame because he had spent a bunch of money on it and never got to use it. It hauled ass right before it came apart. The motor was strong. He was going to put all of the hardware in a new hull that concord would build. I don't know what happened, think he ran short on money.
I was born and raised in da parish. Moved to Na$hville after Katrina. Lived on Jean Lafitte and had chest deep water on the second floor. Not much left to stay for. Eddie.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

How about a late 80's 21 baja with a 600ci Roush Ford & King Cobra drive. It's Jack's personal tub-o-junk. From when Ford & OMC wanted to take on Merc. I used it twice I got it up to 85 & it started overheating & the chine walk started at 50 +/- & just got worse. Lucky for me it started getting hot I wasn't smart enough at the time to understand how close I was to losing control. It had plenty of power though.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Don't be a hater. Not eveyone is building a Cig, not yet anyways!
Just talking about the one that I had Andy. It left a lot to be desired. I spent a lot of time re-doing things just so It could be used. The factory was no help. It went back there once and they made such a mess of it that I dedided that I'd best take care of the stuff myself.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by allfiredup
How about a late 80's 21 baja with a 600ci Roush Ford & King Cobra drive. It's Jack's personal tub-o-junk. From when Ford & OMC wanted to take on Merc. I used it twice I got it up to 85 & it started overheating & the chine walk started at 50 +/- & just got worse. Lucky for me it started getting hot I wasn't smart enough at the time to understand how close I was to losing control. It had plenty of power though.
[like in the chine walk post] you have to drive or steer a boat through it, a friend owned a BAJA dealer ship so I have been in a lot of them back then are you sure it was not the 220 sport you were in they could be order with up to a 365 mag and went over 70 with no chine walk, hell my 24ol doesn't chine walk until 76 so I JUST STEER THROUGH IT in to the 80s well I will have full hdy steering for next yr its been in the basement for a yr why bother when they stolen everything else art, hey even OLs chine walk I was on the 1st one made
Old 08-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Might have been a 22 it was 20-23 ft. somewhere around there it was & still is an abortion boat cause of the power & drive set-up. Jack told me OMC got it to 90 something in testing drives to get them to live with big hp.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Checkmate 259 Convincor. P.O.S.
Very interesting, I have one and like it. The only boat I have ever owned so I guess it is unfair for me to compare it to other boats. The boat does have a midrange porpoise and chine walks at WOT when trimmed for optimal speed. However I think the construction is solid and overall a good boat.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Just talking about the one that I had Andy. It left a lot to be desired. I spent a lot of time re-doing things just so It could be used. The factory was no help. It went back there once and they made such a mess of it that I dedided that I'd best take care of the stuff myself.
No prob. Just bustin your stones. I have had good luck with both of the Checks that I owned!

Quick Reply: What is the worst single engine performance boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.