Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Playcraft pontoon 89mph, 42 Fountain 69mph.. >

Playcraft pontoon 89mph, 42 Fountain 69mph..

Notices

Playcraft pontoon 89mph, 42 Fountain 69mph..

Old 08-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess reggie will have to make a toon-killer video
Old 08-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Those that honestly believe a 42 Fountain with 700s and #6 drives can only run 69 mph can pretty much kiss my azz. Bash away, but you know in the back of your mind that the beaker probably hit some rollers on the course or something that caused him to back out of it. That boat ran strong at the Chicago Poker Run...I don't think the pontoon boat would have done very well in 4-6 footers on Lake Michigan.

Regardless of the pointless Fountain bashing, I gotta give major props to anybody with the balls to run a pontoon 90 mph!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

90 MPH toon is sweet
Old 08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Those that honestly believe a 42 Fountain with 700s and #6 drives can only run 69 mph can pretty much kiss my azz. Bash away, but you know in the back of your mind that the beaker probably hit some rollers on the course or something that caused him to back out of it. That boat ran strong at the Chicago Poker Run...I don't think the pontoon boat would have done very well in 4-6 footers on Lake Michigan.

Regardless of the pointless Fountain bashing, I gotta give major props to anybody with the balls to run a pontoon 90 mph!
I don't think it's pointless bashing, Fountain opened that door, now they might have to take some...

Running 69 is an OK number IF it's posted by a couple of guys out running the Shootout for fun, but when it's run by a company that benefits from Fountains monthly full page ad in POWERBOAT that reads "up the adrenline and the 42 Lightining will run 105 mph with optional 700's" then thats warrants some discussion...
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

we need 'toon pic's
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Registered

I must say, it did not look very good. We had some fountain guys that said as he finished the 69 mph pass, "get out of here, you are embarassing us!!!!" I think the struggle for the boat was that he could not get on plane at the start. That is pretty critical when you only have that short of distance to get up to speed.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

For you fountain guys. The canopy fountain (35?) ran 105ish with 500's

Doc Janson ran 100 in the 42 PR with 600s.

Tripple 47 with 525's ran 94.

I don't remember any fountain with 700's & 6's.

There was a 38 that also ran well but I forget the number.

Running with the Devil ran in the low 80's, Danial Brozivoch ran 81 in a bone stock TS gun with 500's. The 39 TG with 700's ran in the upper 90's.

The sunsation F-4 ran 99.

I was impressed with all the runs and congrats to everyone who stepped up and made a run.

Everyone else can yap all they want but until you enter your boat and run you shouldn't criticize anyone who put their equipment out there.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 08-27-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Well,

Everyone else can yap all they want but until you enter your boat and run you shouldn't criticize anyone who put their equipment out there.
Bingo Mike! Hey, I listened to the broadcast for a few hours Saturday online...you actually sounded like you knew something about this stuff! I'll be down for next year!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:02 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
That was not a private owner's boat, it was the #1 Fountain dealer for 2004, 2005 and 2006.

The dude on the wheel of the pontoon was on his game.

All of you that care to have issue with me calling 'em like I see 'em, I have been to 11 poker runs across the country this year. I spend my cash supporting the events and I think I can bash whoever I want. Especially, if it's a company that makes ludicrus claims about speed here on a daily basis.

I can't hit a 102 mph fastball, but that doesn't mean I can't go to a game and give shiit to a guy that gets paid azzloads to do just that.

I may not have a boat currently, but I am far from a non-owner. I don't think I need to make a list of my past ownership.
Agreed. Those comments were out of line boys. Greg has had boats and has forgoten more about most of these boats than most of you know about them at all. Don't get me started.

I think the point is that Reggie does stupid **** like the Cat Killer fabricated video but when it comes to the REAL run in an uncontrolled environment his boats leave a lot to be desired.

All smoke and mirrors.

So where was the King of speed this weekend???????? Not at LOTO I wonder why.

All the smack talk all the time, the latest magazine ad in Powerboat, give it out and you should be able to take it.

Travel day for the OSO group from S. Fla. I am sure they will have more info when they return.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=sommerfliesby;2248755]Those that honestly believe a 42 Fountain with 700s and #6 drives can only run 69 mph can pretty much kiss my azz. Bash away, but you know in the back of your mind that the beaker probably hit some rollers on the course or something that caused him to back out of it. That boat ran strong at the Chicago Poker Run...I don't think the pontoon boat would have done very well in 4-6 footers on Lake Michigan.QUOTE]

That's not how Reggie would present it if the shoe was on the other foot. How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine.

Quick Reply: Playcraft pontoon 89mph, 42 Fountain 69mph..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.