Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167153-ottawa-county-sheriff-loose.html)

satisfied1 08-27-2007 01:52 AM

Well I guess this is the new way to make revenue:angry-smiley-055: I sure hope the trend goes away fast...

Nykamp 08-27-2007 06:30 AM

They are wrecking boating over here. *ssclown Dykhouse is the one that pulled me over last year, didn't put out an fenders, handed my wife a fender wipe for a line and said hang on while he rammed the DB gun up my pipes. I finally told him he could write me up for what ever he wanted if he would just meet me at the ramp. This was only after he almost drifted us into a dock and shore. He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.

BOBCATMATHEWS 08-27-2007 06:57 AM

next time everyone fire up at the same time,or just leave em all idling when they show up.

Playn 08-27-2007 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nykamp (Post 2248675)
He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.

I know Grand Haven is a nice area but there is no way I'm putting up with the hassle factor. To he!! with them, I'll boat elsewhere. You'd think these clowns would be kissing your azz for spending money there. Just what Michigan needs...egotistical cops driving tourists away along with the jobs

JimV 08-27-2007 08:57 PM

Nobody b1tches about the noise when the poker runners and their money come to town. God Bless the kids from Make a Wish but doesn't it make more sense to put the money back in the boating community?

boatme 08-27-2007 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JimV (Post 2250020)
Nobody b1tches about the noise when the poker runners and their money come to town. God Bless the kids from Make a Wish but doesn't it make more sense to put the money back in the boating community?

That is because we secure permits for that week to allow the noise for a few days during the event

No difference then getting a variance to block off a street for a car show except we have to do our diligence to make sure it applies to the entire area we cover during the event which icovers many countys

Ratickle 08-31-2007 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nykamp (Post 2248675)
They are wrecking boating over here. *ssclown Dykhouse is the one that pulled me over last year, didn't put out an fenders, handed my wife a fender wipe for a line and said hang on while he rammed the DB gun up my pipes. I finally told him he could write me up for what ever he wanted if he would just meet me at the ramp. This was only after he almost drifted us into a dock and shore. He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.

What if everyone started carrying a video cam in their boats with sound and video'd the entire test? If you went to court with that and the SAE test requirements, could you lose? Would you also be able to counter with a reckless endangerment issue? Attorney's on here?

SUNSATION 25 08-31-2007 05:50 PM

Check out the "other" site (SW) they have a long thread about this issue and were identified in the news article in GH!

POWERSTROKE 08-31-2007 07:50 PM

Grand Haven can kiss my azz. I will spend my money other places Where I do not get hasseled

Elite Marine 08-31-2007 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Total BS. How can they make you start the engine to cite you. Seems like you could call that entrapment.

I have down turns on my boat and they work great.

We also offer the CMI Sound Elimination Mufflers if you are interested.

Kirk
Ateco Engine and Dyno Shop
(847)623-2737 Waukegan IL