Notices

New Project: 26 Corsa

Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New Project: 26 Corsa

Picked it up last weekend. Gutted the cockpit interior and cabin so far. It's set up for TRS but a Bravo conversion is first on the list of things to do. Boat is solid and the hull and deck is glassed together. It has a full liner in the cockpit which is cool but I was hoping to pull the gas tank and replace it. I hate to cut the floor...but. I'm looking for some info on where to set the X with a Bravo if anybody knows. Also suggestions on paint, or I could keep it the way it is
Attached Thumbnails New Project: 26 Corsa-corsa-004-large-.jpg   New Project: 26 Corsa-corsa-002-large-.jpg   New Project: 26 Corsa-corsa-003-large-.jpg  

Old 08-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in case you want some history on that boat - I remember the day that boat showed up in 1983. It was built for a guy named Angelo Leone from New Rochelle, NY. Angelo owned it for a couple years and sold it. Originally it had a Speedy II, which apparently wasn't much liked by the original owner. He swapped it for a regular TRS. Anyway, it ended up getting repossessed twice that I know of. The first guy who bought it at a repo auction payed 6500 for it and put a 427 Chevy in it - not the right engine for that set up. The boat never ran right and from there it was bought by a guy with some bucks who had Don Roberts (ex Jesse James Engine builder) build a string of motors for him. The last of which had a blower on it, so the reasoning for that big box instead of the stock hatch. Finally the owner attemped to paint and upholster the boat himself - hence the horrible upholstery and disgusting paint. After that he just left it at Robert's place and it was repossessed again. Don also built that box for the engine. Regardless, that's one very solid hull. As for the paint - go old school. It had the Burgundy Silver and Black Corsa C stripe originally - it would look hot all original looking again, life line and all - with a Bravo and big power hiding in the back. Just my 2 cents!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Registered

Thanks for the history. That's pretty much what Don told me also. The interior was horrible, that was the first to go. I'm thinking some nice high back buckets would fit perfect. The more I sit and look at this boat the more I like it. It's going to be nice.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

JDub i have 2 bravo drives sitting in my garage
Old 08-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Registered

what about a transom assembly?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:34 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

john, if you are thinking of big HP, and its already rigged for a TRS, maybe u should consider a konrad.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy

Hey, i got a bravo with a cone and a 2005 gimble out of a 31 CORSA i got everything,goin ob those guys are right,big power,a bravo might not last,but the one i have is a xr a 1.5 gear,my buddy went from a bravo on a 30 superboat with a 540 went 85 easy,but had some drive issues,mostly the uppers,with that crappy cone clutch deal,went to a drive with a bw 72 and lost alot of speed ,the conrad would be good but weigh the cost of a conrad vrs 5 or 8 uppers of a bravo,and if u are a mechanic,u can change the cone clutch. take it easy and maybe it will live,but those trs drives are pretty tough and can handle alot of power!!! pm me if u are intrested in the bravo i have tripps
Old 08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

J only the drives them selves i do believe someone on the board is selling gimbles for these drives but im not 100 percent on that. I heard the trs can only handle 500 h.p. max but that like i said just what has been said
Mike
Old 08-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered

Last edited by Corsa Quest; 08-26-2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Yeah JDub - it has all sorts of potential. A guy up my rerigged an '84 26' Corsa with an 800 hp naturally aspirated engine and an XR, that boat was good for over 90 - and it was very driveable. I rode in it with a full length drive with a spacer and it was horrible. It settled down nicely with a short lower given the drive mounting height he used. Great handling hull.

Quick Reply: New Project: 26 Corsa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.