Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Seeking info on Fla to Bahama runs >

Seeking info on Fla to Bahama runs

Notices

Seeking info on Fla to Bahama runs

Old 01-23-2002, 09:09 AM
Mrs.CNC

Question Seeking info on Fla to Bahama runs

Mr. CNC and I are interested in looking into launching our 32' Baja in Florida this summer and taking a week or two to cruise around and visit the Bahamas and other interesting places.

I had a conversation with some one (sorry I forgot the name)at the Chicago fall get together held at Dave and Busters who had hooked up wit the Florida offshore group last year for a run they do to the Bahamas. Last years was cancelled unfortunatly. Any info on a similar outing planned for this year or even just some route info and tips if we make a go of it on our own would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Dena

Old 01-23-2002, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Kurt's the one to ask(amongst others on this board). He just got back from that trip. Refer to: http://207.55.218.179/cgidir/ubbcgi/...&f=47&t=005875

I hear it's quite a beautiful trip when the weather is cooperating. On a clear day, when halfway there you can see both the Bahamas and FL at the same time. I believe it's just over 50 miles or so.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:43 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts
Arrow

Dena, I think you may have talked with Karl and Deanna at D&B's If you want, you can give him a call here at work if you need any more info from him: 847-729-5300 and just ask for Karl Zimmermann

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-23-2002, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check weather NE winds the worst makes the gulf stream stand up and make you take notice get early start one quarter the way by sun up is how we do it.also had gps and sea chart with course charted incase of gps failure.we also took epirb.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:21 AM
Registered

I forgot don't you for get quarantine flag fly it as you are comming in on both sides you will be required to call us customs on return to US.they can set up inspection if they want or they will just say welcome home go home as the did for us.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:33 AM
Mrs.CNC

Hi Wally,

You're right! It was Deanna I spoke to. Thanks. I won't call Karl at work though perhaps he or Deanna will post any info they have. It seems there may be others interested as well after reading the post offered as a link on this topic.

Enjoy our balmy Chicago 50 degrees today

Old 01-23-2002, 11:48 AM
Registered

There is a group from Louisville,Ky. have a trip going [in the planning stage] at about that time. Doug
Old 01-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Registered

Hey
You might want to call Stu who runs the Florida Powerboat Club. I know he has 2 trips planned to the Bahamas! 954 782 3768
Old 01-24-2002, 11:58 AM
OutlawBayB

Smile

Hey Dena,
Hope you found the info you were looking for on the other site www.boatered.com-

let me know when!! I'm checkin to see if any local Texans are willing to trailer it or go all the way together?!

Old 01-24-2002, 11:58 AM
Mrs.CNC

Black Thunder Boat,

Is there an email for Stu or an web site for that group?

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Seeking info on Fla to Bahama runs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.