Notices

What would you do??

Old 08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The confusing part is that I checked the air pressure and greased the bearings the night before right after I pulled the boat out. We got 60 miles and smoked the bearing. I guess the damage was already done???
Old 08-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOMOGOFAST
I guess the damage was already done???

That was my thought exactly. Once you damage a bearing adding grease will not repair it. It is dying a slow death.

It was probably starved for lubrication on one of the cross country trips.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by open72
hey doc, remember when i went though this ...not roasting but close..
I remember well buddy!

Thought I trained you better? LOL

Hope you are doing well, still thinking about coming to the Carolina's?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Six hundred isn't worth court, the time and aggravation will cost more than that. i just want the trailer fixed correctly. They said they are replacing all of the tires and will "look" at the winch stand, and will also "check" the alignment. "Look" and "check" that is what I am worrying about. I live on the water and very rarely use my trailer, so I will never put enough miles on the trailer to know if it is fixed.
I guess the main question here is, the trailer being an "06" should the trailer manufacturer warranty it as new. I say "yes" I am the first owner regardless of what or where the trailer went.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I remember well buddy!

Thought I trained you better? LOL

Hope you are doing well, still thinking about coming to the Carolina's?

thumbs better

yes, i am trying to get that way...problem is homeowners insurance has sky rocketed since the storm and is killing home sales in my area..

nomogofast ,hope you get that problem solved...
Old 08-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by NOMOGOFAST
I guess the main question here is, the trailer being an "06" should the trailer manufacturer warranty it as new. I say "yes" I am the first owner regardless of what or where the trailer went.
I guess that depends on how they represented it to you and sold it to you.

If new with warranty then "YES" they should stand behind it.

I have over 40K miles on a Myco without a bearing failure.

Most boat trailers with proper maintenance should see 20K before you have to replace bearings and seals.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear of your problems, we too have an 06 trailer that came with an 06 36 Concept and I just replaced all tires and added custom wheels. The original tires had 6k on them and were completely worn on the inner edges and somewhat on the outer. I will have the mechanics look at the bearings as all I have done is grease them. I hope you have success in solving your problems. I know it is an ULTIMATE pain in the ars when trailers have issues. CTD
Old 08-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you are scuffing the inner edges of the tires off, the axles are made wrong. The axle tubes are pre bent so that when loaded, they are straight. If the bend is too little or the bend is not perpendicular to the sping saddle, the toe in and camber on the tires is out of whack.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

They are scuffing the 2nd row in and the second row from the outside of each tire. This is happening on all six tires within 6k miles. Sounds like this is a common problem w/ this manufacturer.

Hey Chasin,

I would get the alignment checked on that trailer before you waste six more tires.

Last edited by NOMOGOFAST; 08-28-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Registered

Default Wanna hear the latest!

Just got off the phone w/ the trailer co. The owner tells me he finally has my trailer. First of all he hasn't been able to supply me w/ a copy of a his trailer warranty that I have asked for three times. Now, he says my winch stand was bent from abuse by the dealer, the tire wear is normal (all six tires trashed in 6k), the bearing issue is from lack of maintainence, and get this, the brakes are only working on the rear axle, I guess that is abuse too He now says he is getting the axle manufacturer to look at the trailer and decide what he is going to do. I asked, "for what"? I didn't buy it from the axle manufacturer. According to him the trailer measures out perfectly. From what I understand now, the axles are sprung upwards when the boat is off the trailer so when the boat is on it the axles are flat to provide perfect tire contact with the road. Am I close to right? I think the axles are install wrong, and so do the trailer people I have talked to and sent the tire pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.