Notices

Sunk 42' Fountain at LOTO

Old 08-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts
Default Sunk 42' Fountain at LOTO

Anyone have the scoop on what happened here? Sad to see. Looks like it might have been at Parkview Bay?

http://www.lakesunleader.com/article...28/news/02.txt
Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did somebody forget to put the plug in?????
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

That suks.
I have a million fountain jokes running through my head but will refrain.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Do people store go fast boats in the water for long periods of time at LOTO? I thought everyone used hydrohoists especially if they lived out of the area.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I woke up Sunday morning to see a film across the water behind the breakwall and knew a boat went down. The fountain was in the dock next to us. The drain plug was in. I spoke to someone who was slipped across from the Fountain. The story I heard was not a good one. The boat sank overnight. They had the boat floating by the time we left to watch Sundays runs.

The fuel left a nice film on my boat.....
Attached Thumbnails Sunk 42' Fountain at LOTO-film.jpg  
Old 08-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the first part of the news story? Was that someone from OSO? " LAKE OF THE OZARKS - A group of spectators who had gathered along the race course for last weekend's Shootout were apparently not entertained by the antics of a boater who stripped off his clothes and exposed himself. By the time things had quieted down, a day at the races turned into an evening in jail.

According to the Missouri Water Patrol, the suspect apparently wasn't happy when the boat he was a passenger on was stopped near the mouth the cove at Shooter's 21 on Saturday afternoon.

The spectators who were offended by the suspect's behavior had provided a description. One of the officers working the race course spotted the boat and pulled it over. Although the suspect had put his clothes back on by that time, the officer still had a hard time convincing the man to cooperate."
Old 08-28-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The article says the owner had just trailered in from Ohio. That's a lousy way to start/end a vacation.

The beak does make them easier to spot when submerged...

Old 08-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks a lot like UFO
Old 08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

TANTRUM WASNT OUT THERE DROPPING HIS PANTS WAS HE !!!

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
What about the first part of the news story? Was that someone from OSO? " LAKE OF THE OZARKS - A group of spectators who had gathered along the race course for last weekend's Shootout were apparently not entertained by the antics of a boater who stripped off his clothes and exposed himself. By the time things had quieted down, a day at the races turned into an evening in jail.

According to the Missouri Water Patrol, the suspect apparently wasn't happy when the boat he was a passenger on was stopped near the mouth the cove at Shooter's 21 on Saturday afternoon.

The spectators who were offended by the suspect's behavior had provided a description. One of the officers working the race course spotted the boat and pulled it over. Although the suspect had put his clothes back on by that time, the officer still had a hard time convincing the man to cooperate."
Old 08-28-2007, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

what a terrible sight to see...

That water must be pretty deep at the docks

Quick Reply: Sunk 42' Fountain at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.