Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who's going to LOTO to watch the OSS Race? >

Who's going to LOTO to watch the OSS Race?

Notices

Who's going to LOTO to watch the OSS Race?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From talking to people at LOTO, sounds like they expect about 5000 boats to encircle the course as spectators.

How much of the race can be seen from the Toad? Or is there a better place to watch from land if I'm landlocked?

I can promise this will be one hell of an event. Testing and POPRA racing on Saturday (25K purse if anyone's interested in putting numbers on their boat for the P classes only). Then OSS racing on Sunday.

Hopefully Talk Offshore will be broadcasting live over a local radio station. Can't wait!!!

Last edited by Ron P; 08-29-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered

The Toad is at the 7 mile marker. If they are racing from the 6 to the 9, I would think the view from there wouldn't be bad at all. Should be a good turn out for spectators on the water.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

We'll be down, it's my 5-year anniversary so I told the wife I would take her to the races

We'll be watching from the water.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Ron P
From talking to people at LOTO, sounds like they expect about 5000 boats to encircle the course as spectators.

How much of the race can be seen from the Toad? Or is there a better place to watch from land if I'm landlocked?

I can promise this will be one hell of an event. Testing and POPRA racing on Saturday (25K purse if anyone's interested in putting numbers on their boat for the P classes only). Then OSS racing on Sunday.

Hopefully Talk Offshore will be broadcasting live over a local radio station. Can't wait!!!
Millstone lodge is on the opposite side of the lake from the Toad off of 5 HWY and state road "O" and might be an "ok" place to watch from land. It is being torn down and condos built right now though (construction site). Millstone marina is next to it and might also be a decent place to watch from. i don't know if its allowed to watch from either place though!

Old 09-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Booked my flights today!

I will be on my cousins 47' Outer Limits "Rocket Man".

Maybe RG3, Sean H. and I can get together and discuss NASCAR engines and stickers!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was confirmed this weekend we got our room at the Aqua Fin . Best part is we don't even have to bring a boat can walk to it. Looks like about 12-16 of us from Chi-town , the bar is going to love us

Are you ready to be Influenced??
Old 09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Sweet, Thats were we are staying too!! I heard it is crawling distance. Lets hope
Quinlan
Old 09-04-2007, 07:41 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
Sweet, Thats were we are staying too!! I heard it is crawling distance. Lets hope
Quinlan
It is just got back from there yesterday you will have NO problem, and I am one of the gang otw from Chi-Town.....BZ
Old 09-04-2007, 07:42 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
It was confirmed this weekend we got our room at the Aqua Fin . Best part is we don't even have to bring a boat can walk to it. Looks like about 12-16 of us from Chi-town , the bar is going to love us

Are you ready to be Influenced??

by the way we are bringing a boat....BZ
Old 09-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Welcome all from distances a far. The Fin will be a great place to stay for a nice nostolgic ozark resort feel and great proximity. The Toad and Shady Gators will be The clubs to be at. You can walk from Fin. Everybody from other locations on land will be riding shuttles into that area. Dock space at those two clubs will be at an extreme premium, unless you've got the $300 a day/night they'll be getting and already have your reservation in. That area will have many wonderful vantage points to watch the races. If it's windy there'll be a healthy chop in that area of the lake and boat traffic will be heavy if they allow an idle lane near the course. I'm not officially involved, just trying to help.

Quick Reply: Who's going to LOTO to watch the OSS Race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.