Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Floating" boat lifts ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167453-floating-boat-lifts.html)

DTFaber 08-29-2007 05:00 PM

Go to www.jetdock.com and check out the Performance Series airlift system photos at via the link http://www.jetdock.com/photos.asp#airlift

For performance boats, there's nothing better than a JET DOCK. When your done checking out the consumer photos, take time to check out JET DOCK's military systems. JET DOCK is the premier dry-dock boatlift provider for the United States Coast Guard for their new fleet of 700+ 25 SafeBoats. What's awesome about the JET DOCK is consumers enjoy the same military tough construction and design as the U.S. Military systems. If the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard is choosing JET DOCK over all the other companies, that says volumes about the product. Clearly the military has financial resources to basically purchase whatever they want; their choice of JET DOCK has already done a lot of homework for those trying to determine "What's the best lift on the market today?"

www.jetdock.com

mr_velocity 08-29-2007 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2252719)
Mr. Velocity there are 4 China man with a pole up their butts!!! Are you serious you have them 72 feet into the ground!!!!

Yea man. They started with a 2 ton hammer I told them to get a bigger one cause they're not cutting them. My dock/lift is completely maintenance free. No worries from ice at all, freezes almost 2' thick in the winter. I'm too damn lazy to have to deal with anything, the boat is enough maintenance. Put in 6 , 4 for the lift and 2 for the floating dock.

I got the poles used, they came from the harbor in NYC, they were over 100' long. I was able to salvage 80'.

There are parts of our river that have 10000 years of goose chit, 100' poles just disappear in the muck. Wasn't sure what I was going to have here so I planned for the worst. They got 6' down and hit the hard pan then just drove them the rest of the way.

BL6 08-29-2007 09:03 PM

So how many thousands are we talking for most of these lifts?

mr_velocity 08-30-2007 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by BL6 (Post 2253430)
So how many thousands are we talking for most of these lifts?

Depends on the size of the lift and the install. I spent almost $5K just for the 6 poles installed.

fabricator 08-30-2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity (Post 2252698)
They also make loops that go around the pile to help hold the cradle in place when the currents are strong.

What do those loops look like? Can you post a picture? My lift sits where the water gets pretty choppy from traffic and wind, it would be great to have something to keep the cradle in position while I'm going back on it.

mr_velocity 08-30-2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by fabricator (Post 2254194)
What do those loops look like? Can you post a picture? My lift sits where the water gets pretty choppy from traffic and wind, it would be great to have something to keep the cradle in position while I'm going back on it.

Sorry I can't, the only local lift with them was taken down. They look like a candy cane, the long end clamps to the beam while the loop goes up around the piling.

JET DOCK KENNEDY 08-30-2007 12:51 PM

Jet Dock All The Way

LEOPAJM or DRIPPINWETTII -

If you have any questions about the Jet Dock for your boat or site, feel free to email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 800.538.3625 x2208.

Other member questions are welcome as well.

Thanks!

JET DOCK KENNEDY

TexomaPowerboater 08-30-2007 12:54 PM

I wouldn't go with anything other than Hydrohoist. There is a reason why they have been around so long and there is a reason why your marina wants you to use one.

fabricator 08-30-2007 12:57 PM

Gotcha. I'm sure I can fabricate something just like what you described. Thanks!

Poly Lift Mike 09-10-2007 03:55 PM

There is nothing better than Poly Lift

These guys design and manufacture anything you want! They were the first in the industry to even use high density polyethylene pipe, while everyone else was still using steel or fiberglass. They are the only ones to use fusion technology in the manufacture of there tanks. They provide the best warranties, handle the roughest water, and they are the most reliable. My lift is built like a tank! It takes the roughest of water and and just sits there quietly. It does not lock into my dock either it "floats" like it was designed to do. My realtor friend said they are the only lift allowed at every large condominum project here at Lake of the Ozarks, where many others are banned. Obviously, I am a sold customer. I have had many of the other products including Hydro Hoist among others, none of them even compare.

www.polylift.com