Is this site still called offshoreonly? >

Is this site still called offshoreonly?

Notices

Is this site still called offshoreonly?

Old 01-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to stay away from this topic, but then I looked at page one of the General Discussion section (where this is posted!). ~85% of the topics posted currently are boat related in some way. Be they about boats DIRECTLY (eg. the Bertram project boat), or concerning a member many of us consider a good friend (JBK is single, and he is a good friend of mine and many others). The rest are jokes (with two exceptions at this time). I don't have a problem with that. It's cold, my boat's in storage, and I have some GOOD friends here at OSO.

Don't like it, don't read it. Go to the Technical Questions section, no b.s. there. Just motors, drives, etc...

I wouldn't change a thing. If you have any doubts, go over to screamandflyoffshore.com once. They get maybe 25 posts a day over there. We get that many in 2 minutes some days.

And, it's my belief (and he can correct me if I'm wrong) that when Jeffrey set up Offshoreonly.com his main focus was on OFFSHORE boats and boaters. Not that every topic posted on his site be about boats.

As Forest Gump once said: "That's all I got to say about that." (add your own southern accent to that )

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Waterfoul ]
Old 01-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Damn Mike...well said!
This board is about boats...and the people who enjoy them. The key part of that sentence being "the people". We're a big family - I like hearing what is going on in their lives. I like reading the jokes. And if I don't enjoy something that someone posts I'll either ignore it, or say something about it.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: G-Force ]
Old 01-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally posted by BODYSHOT1:
<STRONG>
Life is too short!!
</STRONG>
Well said -- Hey, that's the name of my boat! Just bringing us back to the boat topic!
Old 01-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Gee Shorty, and I always thought it was due to your (lack of) stature!!! J/K with you pal. I"m not much taller than you are!!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 07:49 PM
DEVIL MAN

What you guys really need is for me and the Phantom to go at if for a couple of days, except we made up a few months ago and he gave up his full time job of ragging on me.... I told you Baja...that Freddie Mitchell is going to be a star in the big league....next year, he will be the Devil to his competition. Sorry, I don't know who #88 is!!! I have a feeling he is some sort of hockey player. That is the one sport I do not follow!!! The Sixers are going to play dumb until the playoffs hit and then Iverson will take charge and the team will be healthy this year...how about the Nets????? Byron Scott is doing a great job....personally, I want to see the Sixers battle the Celtics in the Eastern Finals....just like back in the early 60's with the big boys in the paint!!! Don't forget Baja....Eagles by two in OT!!!!! Take care...

DMan

Old 01-11-2002, 07:55 PM
Nagivator

What would we do if we all agreed on EVERYTHING.My two cents would be worthless!I'd no longer have anything to say because facts are facts and that's all there is. BORING . I like having options and opinions.Can you imagine spouses agreeing on everything There would be no divorces,there would be only ONE brand of boat,,one religion ...the list goes on AHH Utopia

Old 01-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

Red face

Bajabob,
I'm also guilty about responding to "light" topics, but it's all in fun.Now some other topics just don't belong here , if you know what I mean!!!Maybe we need a Gen. Dis. about boats ONLY and a Gen. Dis. For BS and other related topis!! I know where your coming from 'cause when I make a post one day about boat related products, by the next day it's on page 4 !!! Just my 2 cents worth!!
SpeedDoc

By the way, check out my post on CUSTOM FIBERGLASS VENTS, it IS boat related!!
Old 01-12-2002, 02:00 AM
Registered

Duhh this is the general discussion area. If you only want to talk tech than there's a section for you. I personally enjoy the entertaining posts and actually gain some real world info on here. Maybe because i'm stuck in a hospital on 12hr midnight shift that this seems like so much fun. Yes i agree with the foul, well said Mike. I also know many of us have used this site to meet and become friends. I dont agree with some of the heated discussions regarding religion, politics and such or the arguments over who's boat is better. I do respect peoples opinions on why they bought a certain brand of boat, and use that info in my own boat search. I say keep oso the same and each one of us can be selective on the posts we decide to read.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:16 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts
The board was more active last winter for several reasons and not always boating related. I for one don't mind the BS because we choose to read what we want too. I have been given the best advice on building my new motor form experts like Bruce and had several people like Gordo offer to come over and help me work on the boat because of this board. This is still the best board around I spent about an hour on hotboat.net and knew it sucked. I don't mind the crap people give each other. Last summer because of this board several people offered to take me to the lake because my boat was down and since I have meet several people from different parts of the country. I may get tired of who owns what gun because I really don't care as long as you don't stick it in my face. We all get pissed off about some posts but for the most part this and will be the most active boating forum.

Maybe we need a BS section and a general boating section.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Registered

It's a free country - read what you want!!! It's off season here so no boating stories.

By the way - do "*****ing threads" count as boating related?
If there aren't any boating related threads in General Discussion that you like - start one!!

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: nauti girl ]

Quick Reply: Is this site still called offshoreonly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.