Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is this boat considered an offshore??? >

Is this boat considered an offshore???

Notices

Is this boat considered an offshore???

Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this boat considered an offshore???

I recently got this boat and I was wondering if you guys consider it an offshore boat. It is a 1987 26ft checkmate convincor, please let me know and I will post some pics. Tell me what you think, Thanks, John
Attached Thumbnails Is this boat considered an offshore???-img_0017.jpg   Is this boat considered an offshore???-img_0024.jpg   Is this boat considered an offshore???-img_0027.jpg  

Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

There is no real definiton of an offshore boat, at least I don't know of any. I would say any boat you feel safe taking onto the ocean would be an offshore boat. So then yeah I would say it counts as that.

I like the term performace boat better. Anything that runs 60mph+ I consider a performance boat. And yes your checkmate falls into both catergories. Looks like a really clean boat.

Hope this helps
Don
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Is this boat considered an Offshore? I would say yes. I would also tell the Insurance Company that I don't know anything about boats and I think it is a run about. If asked how fast it goes? I'd say I don't know, maybe 50 MPH. I bought this boat to go tubing. You will get a better insurance rate.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

You don't need to have an offshore boat to be welcome here just a love of the sport and be performance oriented. You definitely are welcome here whether or not someone considers your boat an offshore boat or not. There are many here who have run smaller boats offshore and some that have much bigger boats that have never been offshore.

Welcome to the family, however dysfunctional we are!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Registered

That is actually a "true" 25 ft. The boat runs about as well as any true 25 in the rough stuff. I think you will really like that boat. We had an 1988 and loved it. Its a shame Checkmate doesn't still make that hull. It was one of their best sellers in the day.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
You don't need to have an offshore boat to be welcome here just a love of the sport and be performance oriented. You definitely are welcome here whether or not someone considers your boat an offshore boat or not. There are many here who have run smaller boats offshore and some that have much bigger boats that have never been offshore.

Welcome to the family, however dysfunctional we are!
Well said Tom. I got the so called "offshore" bug back in the early 70's, when I saw a twin I/O boat in the Med, cruising the Italian riv. I was about 15 and I thought I WANT TO DO THAT. After 4 decades and 6 boat changes I am still working on it LOL. I got a 12' aluminum old sears with a 5.5 HP outboard and I go "offshore"
Any boater. HP or not Offhore or not, canoe, kayak or a tub is my bud.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

great boat and hell yea . . . its Offshore. those were always one of my favorites. good look'in and good performance.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Is this boat considered an Offshore? I would say yes. I would also tell the Insurance Company that I don't know anything about boats and I think it is a run about. If asked how fast it goes? I'd say I don't know, maybe 50 MPH. I bought this boat to go tubing. You will get a better insurance rate.
don't lie to your insurance if something does happen they will reject the claim.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

I consider an offshore boat any boat with a deadrise of 24 degree or better..........with the exception of Fountains.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Jd, You boat looks just fine, I would take it anywhere in Puget Sound, around Cape/Islands. Just know its limitations and have fun.

Quick Reply: Is this boat considered an offshore???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.