Notices

Deep Impact 36 Quad 300

Old 09-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to really work for this one. Guess they didn't last as long as the black ones.
Attached Thumbnails Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-2.jpg  
Old 09-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is friggin hilarious! It looks like a 18 Sea Ray with a Black Max 135 ???. Guess it should have been a white Max. Kinda ashamed to admit it but it was the first boat I owned, I think a 1988, same trailer too and I paid $12,000 if my mind isn't shot yet. . With a Dol-Fin on the motor and me I was able to just touch 54 mph on Lake Erie.

My friend still owns the boat. I gave up after taking water over the bow too many times rounding Headlands Beach going back to Rutherfords.

Carl
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sea Ray marketed a line of economy boats called Seville. They had Mercury outboards and Alpha drive models, both were painted all white. I would say mid to late 80's. At least in the Chicago area.

F
Old 09-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Carl, I will have to try out engine trim instead of tabs on my Fountain 38TE this weekend and see how it works that way instead of tabs.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by underpressure
Actually that boat is a twin to Buca's boat. His is Bahama blue. That one belongs to a big crane guy up there. He is a drag racer and also thinking four engines now.

That boat ran 71. 3 with trip 275 Verados.
I thought that was who I saw on board! We tied up next to the "crane guy"'s other boat on Venetian night...it's a 70' Viking. They were really cool to us...I danced with his wife Donna in the "salon" of the Viking to "That's Amore." He had drag racing legend Roy Hill on board as well.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is friggin hilarious! It looks like a 18 Sea Ray with a Black Max 135 ???. Guess it should have been a white Max. Kinda ashamed to admit it but it was the first boat I owned, I think a 1988, same trailer too and I paid $12,000 if my mind isn't shot yet. . With a Dol-Fin on the motor and me I was able to just touch 54 mph on Lake Erie.

My friend still owns the boat. I gave up after taking water over the bow too many times rounding Headlands Beach going back to Rutherfords.

Carl
Carl ... where are you from ? I'm in Mentor ... went past Headlands last nite headin to HTP for a couple beers . Small world !
Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Registered

I thought you knew that. I lived in Mentor most of my life on Acacia Ave and on Heather Hill. Mentor High 1977. Got married and moved to Westlake, then could not take putting everything I owned away for half my life and moved to the Keys in 91 or so. Now its summer every day, cars, bikes, boats and women that wear clothes way too small.

I was just back in Ohio over Labor Day visiting my brother John (he owns Suntrol and Custom Tint and even he worked at Springbrook Gardens as a kid, small world indeed) who lives off Vrooman road. Rode motorcycles all weekend, awesome weather and had to stop by Headlands and the new to me rack store on the lake in Fairport, had a beer while fighting the bees.

It was a lot calmer than I remember!!

Can't tell you how many times I was asked by Martha "got your plug in" still a standing joke with my wife. Used to know Marty, Dicky Hersh, and was good friends with Craig Milmine and lots more who I am sure are all still at the Lagoons.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Registered

Sommer,

Yes that is them. I was actually on the phone with their captain this morning as they are trying to get their dock partner to buy the three engine and he now wants a four engine. Donna's husband is a drag racer too.

Carl
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 PM
BRD
Registered

I thought you knew that. I lived in Mentor most of my life on Acacia Ave and on Heather Hill. Mentor High 1977. Got married and moved to Westlake, then could not take putting everything I owned away for half my life and moved to the Keys in 91 or so. Now its summer every day, cars, bikes, boats and women that wear clothes way too small.

I was just back in Ohio over Labor Day visiting my brother John (he owns Suntrol and Custom Tint and even he worked at Springbrook Gardens as a kid, small world indeed) who lives off Vrooman road. Rode motorcycles all weekend, awesome weather and had to stop by Headlands and the new to me rack store on the lake in Fairport, had a beer while fighting the bees.

It was a lot calmer than I remember!!

Can't tell you how many times I was asked by Martha "got your plug in" still a standing joke with my wife. Used to know Marty, Dicky Hersh, and was good friends with Craig Milmine and lots more who I am sure are all still at the Lagoons.
Yep , those guys are all still around ... Thats wild ! we were over at HTP again tonite on the concept with some friends and both sets of boys 5 thru 8... the bees were out in full force tonight .... Craig is a really good guy !

See ya down there !
Old 09-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

That is one of the things I really like here, no flies, haven't seen a bee in 10 years, and no spiders all over the boats, house, dock and so on. Of course I get mosquitos from time to time but I will take the trade.

I am drawing a complete blank on HTP ???

See you in Key West. I am going on the Tuesday run with my 38 Cig Pure Pressure. I am also trying to line up a quad Deep Impact to bring if I can get one and a slip. See you soon.

Carl

Quick Reply: Deep Impact 36 Quad 300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.