Dealing w/ international boat buyer >

Dealing w/ international boat buyer

Notices

Dealing w/ international boat buyer

Old 09-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealing w/ international boat buyer

I am selling my boat, and a guy from the Virgin Islands called me, and is interested. He said he may come to town and see the boat, and would ship the boat back if he bought it.

Anything to know about international sales / buyers? How does the money transfer / international bank checks work?

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wire transfer to your bank. Once you have access to the money, you can accept or decline.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Tell him to bring cash.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Really its easier then you think
Its the same as if you were sellig it here
BUT ????????????????????????????????
Beware
the money in the bank first in your account
No checks no nothing
Fraud is a sience nowdays
Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered

Take it easy on us foreign guys!! Sure we live far away but we're all honest boaters.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:34 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I sold my last boat to a canadian and wouldnt let him have the boat until the money wire went through. I dont care how nice the guy is. It ended up coming through at the end of that day. Bank said it could take up to 3 days.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Registered

As far as the boat part, not much to do on your end. Big thing I would recommend, send whatever form it is to the state notifying them it's not yours anymore.
As for the money...NOTHING but cash or USD wire transfer. Moving money around the world is what I do...call me and I'll tell you what you need to know. I'll PM through raft-up...
Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cash ain't what it used to be. If it's phony, it gets sent to the Secret Service and you get nada. Wire transfer is always best. Confirm it in person with your bank and ask for a printed receipt showing the funds as well as a copy of their policies on witre transfers from foreign banks.

I did a deal several years back for some bare hulls. The guy flies in from Miami. Has 4 transport haulers waiting at the factory when I get there, ready to tow. We made our deal and he got his bag from the trunk of his rental car. He brought cash. ALOT of cash. Scared the hell out of me. I had so many questions in my mind that I told him I wouldn't take it and we'd have to sort it out with banks the next day. He was pretty pissed but I wasn't going to drive around with it in my trunk. I wondered if it was real and if it was from a legitimate source. I was looking for hidden cameras and guys in bushes with guns. I wasn't about to lose it, get shot or get busted over making the deal.

Wire transfers aren't issue-free either. A couple years ago, someone tried to dupe me with a forged wire transfer document. They went to their bank and the manager filled out the paperwork. Right before executing the transfer, she stood up, grabbed the paperwork and split. She faxed it to me asking for release of her shipment. I checked my bank and they said "if you have her paperwork, it should be OK. it takes some time to show in your account". She kept pressing me to get it shipped that day. I finally made my way to the manager who told me the story. Needless to say, the shipment stayed on the dock.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

If the buyer brings cash and the deal goes through I would probably insist on heading to my bank and depositing it 1st before signing anything over.

Is there any risk that after the bank received the cash that it could be deemed counterfeit later on and I could lose it?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Tell him to bring cash.
Make sure all of it is in unmarked nickels!

Quick Reply: Dealing w/ international boat buyer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.