Notices

Headed to Mystic powerboats today....

Old 09-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Still no guesses on the prop size huh?

Well, the SL700 went on her maiden sea trial yesterday, and she hit 76.3 MPH with 1000 gallons of diesel on board and the props were all over the rev. limiters! She is going to need bigger props than the 34.5" x 61" PROPS she has now!!!
The owner is thrilled and so is John Cosker and co.! I'm headed to the marina now, hopefully post some pics later today.
Dean

BTW, she weighed in @ 52,000 lbs!

impressive speed!!!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
Say hello to our new baby while your there.

marc
Why the change from MTI? First Bud Select now You all, is the Mystic that better of a race hull? Seriously, just wondering why the leaders in the sport are changing hull.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by the bear
Why the change from MTI? First Bud Select now You all, is the Mystic that better of a race hull? Seriously, just wondering why the leaders in the sport are changing hull.
Cuz, they want to win, period You would be surprised by the other OSS/SBI teams, or some of the biggest poker runners in the country that are building M5000's, but I'm not @ liberty to say, sorry.
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 09-19-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In short, yes, it is that much better. Look at how the mystic with piston power was leading the field at sarasota and orange beach (ahead of the smaller, more powerfull MTI) until it has electonic issues. Also look at the speeds at the shootout. Bud Select MTI ran how fast. How much faster did the bigger Mysitc with the same power run? Also how much smoother was the run? You can push the Mystic faster because it is a more stable platform, not only becasue of the size, but also the design. It is engineered to run extreme speeds. Also look at the construction. I do not know exactly how the MTI's are built, but the Mystic is extremely high end with materials and construction process for a very similar price. So in conclusion it is a better design and a better built boat then anything out there for a similar price. That is why everyone is switching over. Bud, cintron, geico and probably the class one guys soon. There is even a rumor of a certain other new 50' cat that is being traded in on one as a poker runner.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,301 Likes on 3,706 Posts

Because they can afford too!!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete B
Because they can afford too!!
Youd be surprised at how close they are in price.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,301 Likes on 3,706 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Youd be surprised at how close they are in price.

Im sure they are close in price, I just know I could not afford one! let alone one of each. They are beautiful, Just would love to see they race one another IE ( more than one boat a class)!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Out of curiosity, who all does the design and engineering work? JC and???
Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

First of all, we are extremely happy with the awesome boat Randy built us at MTI and we will continue to race it.

We are looking to go bigger 50' with a dual purpose boat we can use for endurance runs as well.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Registered

Thanks for the responses, I know the Mystic is awsome to look at, very sleek looking. I have also always been a fan of the MTI, but I am sure I will always be a dreamer, thats a league I can only wish to be in for now.

Quick Reply: Headed to Mystic powerboats today....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.