Dragon Wins Belgium Grand Prix P-1 SuperSport >

Dragon Wins Belgium Grand Prix P-1 SuperSport

Notices

Dragon Wins Belgium Grand Prix P-1 SuperSport

Old 09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

frogger,

I have not been nasty toward you. If anything, you have been the one with attitude. You don't know much about epoxy boats or you would not be making the comments. Next time gets pics to back up your nonsense.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did see a pic of a of a dragon last year with the side delamed.... I beleve it to be the truth... & I consider Barry my friend, so what its a race boat.. I still like them
Old 09-11-2007, 02:25 AM
Registered

Springbrook, I read this post over again. And you are getting on me, not me on you. All I did is writing something that you do not like.

As customryder wrote the boat delaminated last year, too. I knew this but haven't seen it, that's why I didn't talk about it!

By the way how do you know that I don't know about Epoxy boats?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Gentlemen,

The boat did not delaminate last year. The pic that you saw was the strake coming off of the boat. the strakes are glued on after the hull comes out of the mold. This was explained last year.

Let me clear this up:
1. The boat owner says that the boat did not delaminate.
2. The boat builder says that the boat did not delaminate.
3. There have been no articles or press releases, that claim the the boat delaminated.
4. There are no pics that the boat delaminated.

The only person that claims that the boat delaminated is frogger.

Who would you belive?????????
Old 09-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered

perhaps these pictures?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered

had no quota...
Attached Thumbnails Dragon Wins Belgium Grand Prix P-1 SuperSport-drag_1.jpg   Dragon Wins Belgium Grand Prix P-1 SuperSport-drag_2.jpg  
Old 09-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbrook
Let me clear this up:
1. The boat owner says that the boat did not delaminate.
2. The boat builder says that the boat did not delaminate.
3. There have been no articles or press releases, that claim the the boat delaminated.
4. There are no pics that the boat delaminated.

The only person that claims that the boat delaminated is frogger.

Who would you belive?????????
What are your comments to the pictures ? Are the pictures showing the Dragon boat from the Powerboat P1 race in Belgium ? Or are the boat owner and boat builder not telling the truth ?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Registered

That is not delamination. The boats are not gelcoated. They are sprayed with a filler primer after they come out of the molds and sanded before they are painted. What you are looking at is the primer released from the hull. It has nothing to do with the structural integrity of the boat.

I believe the owner and builder.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:08 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

There is no delamination there, unless you call peeling paint delamination!, if there is nothing more than what is shown.....

This looks like another case of people that have no clue what they are looking at.......
There is NO structural damage in that picture!.

RT
Old 09-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Registered

Default Truth

Ok Ok. As anyone that follows the P-1 Circuit knows they are not pussies like the US races, they go Offshore in 10,15 to 20' waves- the way it started here. Thus all boats are beat to crap.
The Dragon in those above pictures- lost primer and paint- see phot's I posted- the true Epoxy boats are GREEN, so the boat flexed and the PIANT fell off, in no way was this a De-Lam- if paint is structural, every boat made is going down. Also last year the race boat lost a strake,the rear lifting strakes are sacrificial, added after the hull is done, that in turn took the initial layer of Matt, Structural NO they could have left it that way and raced to today. What happened in the last race was Grant installed water pick ups through the hull in the rear of the hull/aft. after the pipes where installed, a filler compound was used to fill the area around them, this did fall out, structural- NO- If is was STRUCTURALY hurt after almost 2 full hard hitting winning seasons she has faired better that every other boat there.
So this was boat class 101 from the builder- I think we all should Congratulate all people who still race in those type of conditions, from Outer Limits, Fountain, Buzzi ect. It show how technologies have come a long way- back to the way Don Arronow once built boats.
At the end of the Day the Sheltons and there Dragon are winning P-1 in there class, and about to re-peat there National Championship from last year, not too shabby for a little no name boat company- huh
Like they used to say that's what the O- stands for OFFSHORE.
Attached Thumbnails Dragon Wins Belgium Grand Prix P-1 SuperSport-dragout_001.jpg   Dragon Wins Belgium Grand Prix P-1 SuperSport-dragout_002.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dragon Wins Belgium Grand Prix P-1 SuperSport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.