Notices

West Lawn

Old 09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Lawn

Hey guys, I am thinking about starting the West Lawn yacht design program in Jan. I know this program carries a great deal of weight in certain areas of the marine industry. I am currently working as a process engineer for a boat manufacturer whos name I will not list (we do not build sport boats though). Anyways, I really want to get in to the sport boat area of the marine industry. I havent decided which way i want to go yet, as far as if i want to design for another company or if i want to design and build for my self.

I know a lot of you guys have ties in the sport boating industry and I was wondering if West Lawn will help open any doors for me? I already have a 4 year industrial engineering degree.

Thanks for any info!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I was thinking of doing the same program. I just graduated with a 4 year, BSME. I had the have the same questions as you. The only thing I can say is it cant hurt ya to take em.
Jr
Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think long and hard about that, and spend some time look'n at where and how alot of them are built. Its not real pretty.