Notices

A little advice/poll

Old 09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A little advice/poll

I am having an indecisive moment. A few of you here "heard" about my "fisting" I received when I bought a boat that had issues and one of you here received a much bigger "fisting" from the same guy. All told I'm out 10k in cash (a lot for a working kneegrow like me) to make boat LOWD again. But I did end up with some assets from it all. I had a bad header and wasn't sure it could be fixed, so I bought a very low hour set from Tyler Crockett. (great guy) But the good news was that CMI was able to fix the header, so now I have a spare good set as well. They have been pressure tested and pass.

All things being equal, I would keep them just to have a spare set, but all things are not equal. A surprise medical bill (surgery) and the IRS wanting more $$ from me is making me lean towards selling the extra set of headers. It would help me immensely, but I'm gun shy of the problems these headers have had. (525 motor). Currently, I am flushing for at least 10-15 minutes on Salt-Away AND draining the headers afterwords. (that 10 seconds of dry exhaust loudness is pretty cool at the ramp too) Also, I do not intend to keep this boat. It is right and it will go on the market soon. I would like to get my cash back, recover and go on the hunt for the next one. (I'm leaning towards the Activator/Superboat type, and I will be a lot smarter this time......I learn very fast)

So in my moment of indecision, I come here to hear all sides and opinions.

Sell headers????

Or keep them???
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Selling boat...............then sell the headers.