OT - American auto companies & September 11 funds >

OT - American auto companies & September 11 funds

Notices

OT - American auto companies & September 11 funds

Old 01-11-2002, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OT - American auto companies & September 11 funds

I received this in an e-mail today, found it very interesting and thought I'd share with my OSO brothers and sisters.

CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM`s contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington. The findings are as follows.....
1. Ford- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER response team services and office space to displaced government employees.
2. GM- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of vans, SUV`s, and trucks.
3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.
4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.
5. Volkswagen- Employees and management created a Sept. 11 Foundation,
funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.
6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.
7. Audi- Nothing.
8. BMW- Nothing.
9. Daewoo- Nothing.
10. Fiat- Nothing.
11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in August 2001.
12. Isuzu- Nothing.
13. Mitsubishi- Nothing.
14. Nissan- Nothing.
15. Porsche- Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche website.
16. Subaru- Nothing.
17. Suzuki- Nothing.
18. Toyota- Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August 2001. Condolences posted on the website.

I can only express hope that this infuriates and sickens each of you like it did me. Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. I ask that you choose a product made by an American-owned and based company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States. Its OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis.

Kinda interesting huh?? Buy American (even though they aren't made entirely here )
Old 01-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Registered

The american way.... the only way

good evening gorgeous
Old 01-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Frank Civitano

Thats a nice chester But Ford is now looking to close the Linden Plant and Lay Off all there NJ base employees! And while they are donating money (For a Tax brake) They are looking at our Goverment in NJ to cough up a few million to save there plant from closing, Sounds like a double standard to me!

Old 01-12-2002, 09:38 AM
Tom Riggle

I also received that E-mail a few days ago. Yes, it is infuriating to me because it is a good example of lazy, incomplete and, therefore, irresponsible reporting. I know for a fact that it is, at best, inaccurate. I don't know about other companies but, I work for American Honda and I can tell you that American Honda raised $1,545,041.91 for the "United way of New York September 11th Fund" and the American Red Cross. That amount does not include direct contributions of generators, water pumps and ATVs made immediately after the disaster.Donations were made by 5,520 Honda associates from around North America and were matched by American Honda.

Old 01-12-2002, 12:20 PM
flylevel

I got this E-Mail a couple of days ago!

I cannot verify the truth in this, but if it is true that would be nice......

How Budweiser handles those who laughed at those who died on September 11, 2001
Thought you'd like to know what happened in a town north of Bakersfield,California. After you finish reading this, please forward this story on to others so that our nation and around the world will know about those who laughed when they found out about the tragic events in New York, PA and the
Pentagon. September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a town called McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York. He entered the business to find two Arabs whooping and
hollering and really cheering it up. It was obvious they were elated with what had happened earlier. The Budweiser employee went to his truck called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event. He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss told him, "Do you
think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them
never to bother and call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. Just letting
you all know how Kern County handles this situation! Seems the Budweiser driver had friends...in particular, the Pepsi route driver. The Bud driver called his Pepsi friend from his cell phone while he was still at the store and told him what happened. Seems the Pepsi driver called his boss, and received the identical orders the Bud driver did. So Pepsi went in and took
out everything in the store under their corporate brand. And if you know
Pepsi (Pepsi, Frito Lay, etc.), that's damn near EVERYTHING. Last I heard, that store has no product, no customers (word spreads fast in these small towns, y'know) and no hope. And I say good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope they enjoyed their cheers...it's the last they'll be doing in THIS country. Pass this along. America needs to know that we're all working together. If I
drank beer, I would drink Bud.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: flylevel ]

Old 01-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Knew I liked Bud for a reason.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:50 AM
Registered

Gotta love BUDWEISER