Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Launch Ramps (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/16874-loto-launch-ramps.html)

Tbikini 01-27-2002 02:52 PM

LOTO Launch Ramps

Anyone out there know of a good place to launch at LOTO. Not just worried about launching, but parking a big rig. We will have a 37 Active Thunder and a F350 Dually. At the Chicago Boat Show, we checked with the LOTO information area and they said that at the public access ramps (such as Shawnee Access) you were not allowed to park your trailer overnight. Does anyone know if this is true? From her description of the ramp, it sounds perfect, but since we stay on our boat (usually anchored in a cove) we like to leave our trailer at the launch ramp. Apparently not too many people do this at LOTO according to the LOTO info people. She said most everyone goes to a resort and rents a slip for the night, therefore they use their launch ramps and the resorts provide parking. Would love to hear from you guys on this one. We would like to frequent the lake more often, but its hard to drag a 37foot boat around checking out launch ramps! ;)

mpally 01-27-2002 03:03 PM

Many people do exactly what you do. The best ramp is at Public Beach #2 (State Park). It is up the Grand Glaize arm about a mile from party cove. There are nice ramps, plenty of parking, and rental slips available. I don't know who you spoke with, but on the weekends, the state park is very crowded. On holiday weekend, it is packed. If you want to rent a slip, reserve it ASAP. You will have no problem parking your truck and trailer, there is plenty of room. There are also some nice coves around there were you can sleep.

mpally 01-27-2002 03:06 PM

BTW, are you planning on going to LOTO for Memorial Day weekend?

MissAmy 01-27-2002 03:34 PM

TBikini,
I had the number for the state park to make reservations, but now I can't find it. :mad: However, when I called them about 2 weeks ago, they said that it was too early, that it is off-season and no one is really there to make those accomodations. She said to try back around April.

Waterfoul posted that number a while back. Mike, do you still have that number?? Thanks! :)

FWK 01-27-2002 06:01 PM

Make sure that if you leave the trailer that it is locked up so no one can steal it I know a guy that had a 40ft trailer stolen from that lot. Forrest

Waterfoul 01-27-2002 07:24 PM

I would call the Lake Area Chamber of Commerce for some information and phone numbers. Now that I read the article I posted the number from earlier, I'm not sure it is the correct one. You can try it though:

State park office: 573-348-2694
Chamber of commerce: 800-964-1008

If you call the chamber, ask them to send you the Vacation Guide and Service Guide. It's got a LOT of info in it. Hotel numbers, condos, restaurants, a map, etc...

You want to put in and stay at Public Beach #2 if possible. Great facilites, including gas I believe. Close to party cove, not far from Shooters, Salty Dog, etc...

KCHOTBOAT 01-27-2002 08:51 PM

PB 2 the best ramp by far. I have left the truck and trailer there for a week at a time never a problem.

jawbreakerkid 01-27-2002 09:26 PM

like rich, i've never had any problems with leaving my rig there. my buddy has even used our Freightliner to put his 400 SeaRay in there.

chad

Tbikini 01-27-2002 10:40 PM

Thanks for the info guys (and gals :)) We have only been there once and I think we launched at that ramp, but I will have to get out my map and make sure. Most likely will not be there for Memorial Day. Afraid that will be a little too busy for us. Have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and I'm not too sure I'm ready to run with the big dogs with them on board :D