Mercury 300XS vs 300 Verado??? Which to buy >

Mercury 300XS vs 300 Verado??? Which to buy

Notices

Mercury 300XS vs 300 Verado??? Which to buy

Old 09-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RBT
I love all the Verado guys! And so does merc and the dealers.
The Verado is and has been the largest mistake merc has ever made. 100 million in development costs, they had intended the verado to dominate the market. Sadly in all markets with the exception of Florida they are a failure in some sense. Most dealers are finding that people are starting to see the light and going back to the clean 2 strokes, from Merc, Yamaha, and E-Tec.
Marketing has brainwashed the masses, and the EPA has pulled the wool over a lot of people eyes, but in FACT the Opti and E-Tec are BOTH more fuel efficient and have significanlty, read that again, SIGNIFICANTLY lower emissions.
Add that the Verado oil change cycle and quantity is approximately the same as the consumption of the two strokes........... which don't smoke at all, with the exception of at startup.... where a verado also smokes due to oil seepage past the rings.
Choose and belive what you want, but thems are the facts.

Great post, and spot on. Boaters aren't the only ones buying into the EPA's BS.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Registered

When it comes to outboards with high HP does it really how much fuel it burns........you know you better have a good endless fuel card with you for the day! Atleast thats how it is here anyway.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I just wonder how any of them are going to run after 7-10 years of use. Constant trouble like most outboards of that age? or are the 4 strokes and modern 2 strokes better. 15-20 pounds of boost and almost 2hp per cube. Sounds like a lot. We'll see...
Old 10-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered

Curious as I loked at a couple boats with Verado's, what about heat soak? Just like a s/c'd car which suffers heat stroke especially witha couple runs on the track, how do the Verado engines run full out with no issues? Like if I go from Boca to Bahamas full tilt?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:11 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Verados but beware. They are very heavy. A friend of mine has 2 250s on a 36 Concept and it is waaayyy ass heavy
Old 10-26-2007, 08:24 AM
RHC
Registered

Originally Posted by RBT
I love all the Verado guys! And so does merc and the dealers.
The Verado is and has been the largest mistake merc has ever made. 100 million in development costs, they had intended the verado to dominate the market. Sadly in all markets with the exception of Florida they are a failure in some sense. Most dealers are finding that people are starting to see the light and going back to the clean 2 strokes, from Merc, Yamaha, and E-Tec.
Marketing has brainwashed the masses, and the EPA has pulled the wool over a lot of people eyes, but in FACT the Opti and E-Tec are BOTH more fuel efficient and have significanlty, read that again, SIGNIFICANTLY lower emissions.
Add that the Verado oil change cycle and quantity is approximately the same as the consumption of the two strokes........... which don't smoke at all, with the exception of at startup.... where a verado also smokes due to oil seepage past the rings.
Choose and belive what you want, but thems are the facts.
ya know RBT, you are rite,,, the Yammie , E-Tec will use less fuel ,,, they make less HP,, and smoke ,, plus ya got's to buy the 2 cycle oil ,, now add that in to your miles per Gal factor and u will see that they cost more to operate,,,
Do you even own a Verado ,, Have ya ever been on a boat with the 300's ,,,, I don't think so ,,,
They work ,, plain and simple ,, they work well for the intended use ,,, I know ,, I own them !!! 55hrs and flawless performance ,,,, at 50mph ,, 3800 rpm, I can get 2+ mpg ,, a 30ft boat that will run just south of 80mph ,,, I have no problem with these ###

RHC
Old 10-26-2007, 02:41 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

RHC,
your Verados DO cost more to operate, I make A LOT on guys like you. Uneducated!.
I guarantee I was running the new 300 before you even knew they existed.
Now go back to your fantasy land and don't speak of what you have no clue!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you feel the love here ?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Neither..........
Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Geesh this thread went to chit!

I only have 150hrs on my 275's with zero problems but I know lots of people on the internet on fishing forums with 500+hrs on faithful Verado's. However all engines have issues now and then no matter the brand or 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

If I was getting another 32-38 Fountain CC or a boat in this style like Yellowfin and so forth I would re-buy Veraod's. If I was getting a lighter weight 30-36 narrow beam boat styled like a Concept I'd really have to re-think it and probably get 250xs opti's. It's nice to have choices!

Last edited by FeverMike; 10-27-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Mercury 300XS vs 300 Verado??? Which to buy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.