Mercury 300XS vs 300 Verado??? Which to buy >

Mercury 300XS vs 300 Verado??? Which to buy

Notices

Mercury 300XS vs 300 Verado??? Which to buy

Old 09-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RBT
Both the 300 Verado and XS require 91 octane.

THE 2 ARE STROKES ARE MORE FUEL EFFICIENT, AND HAVE LOWER EMISSIONS at 2/3's the weight.
Add that the verado is a throw away motor, at least the 2 strokes can effectively and quickly be rebuilt.

This technology ( verado ) defeats the purpose of outboards, when the new generation 2 strokes are better in EVERY way.
2 Strokes are more fuel efficient and have lower emissions?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Gearcase
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil

BradH 300x and 300xs oil injection set up for merc plus. make sure it is an oil injection grade product. some good 2 stroke oil is not for oil injection use.( premix only ie klotz amzoil ect.) they have injection grade oil also but you need to source the right oil. gas is not good here run as much good gas as you can. high octane.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamboater
What kind of results have you seen?
Still waiting on a few parts to finish the rigging.Hope to pick it up soon!I will post results and pictures then.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gearcase
BradH 300x and 300xs oil injection set up for merc plus. make sure it is an oil injection grade product. some good 2 stroke oil is not for oil injection use.( premix only ie klotz amzoil ect.) they have injection grade oil also but you need to source the right oil. gas is not good here run as much good gas as you can. high octane.
Ahhh, thank you.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
2 Strokes are more fuel efficient and have lower emissions?
The newer generation 2 strokes proved to be more fuel efficient than the verados. That is a true statement.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gearcase
Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but Amsoil does make an oil for injector use.

Go here: http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/hpi.aspx

Good stuff, I used it for years on a Yammi I had. Almost no smoke.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah both amsoil and klotz make an injection TCW-3 oil.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
The newer generation 2 strokes proved to be more fuel efficient than the verados. That is a true statement.
I saw that infomercial on the new Evinrude motor which is supposed to be more efficient, but I didnt know the Merc 300 2 stroke was more efficient than the Verado.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:23 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I love all the Verado guys! And so does merc and the dealers.
The Verado is and has been the largest mistake merc has ever made. 100 million in development costs, they had intended the verado to dominate the market. Sadly in all markets with the exception of Florida they are a failure in some sense. Most dealers are finding that people are starting to see the light and going back to the clean 2 strokes, from Merc, Yamaha, and E-Tec.
Marketing has brainwashed the masses, and the EPA has pulled the wool over a lot of people eyes, but in FACT the Opti and E-Tec are BOTH more fuel efficient and have significanlty, read that again, SIGNIFICANTLY lower emissions.
Add that the Verado oil change cycle and quantity is approximately the same as the consumption of the two strokes........... which don't smoke at all, with the exception of at startup.... where a verado also smokes due to oil seepage past the rings.
Choose and belive what you want, but thems are the facts.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

I still like the 300XS over Verado, but one thing to note is the DTS system of Verado's, I have heard the 300XS 2strokes will also be introducing this, anyone know anything abou this?

the other question:
which would be faster, out of hole and top end (and burning less fuel)?
say a pair setup on a 33 foot offshore boat

Quick Reply: Mercury 300XS vs 300 Verado??? Which to buy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.