Notices

Best 46

Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 46

Anyone with experience in both, what's the best ride in 4-6s, 46 OL Limited or 46 Rough Rider?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can give you first hand experience. Just traded my 46 rough rider in for a 46 outerlimits. Way less time on the OL of course. Here's how I see it. Cigarettes are really sexy, with the whole cool dash, paint scheme, lines are sharp, etc. They are heavy, and built for rough seas. My rough rider took big ocean well.
I traded to the OL because cigs are heavy, more boat to push, but really, the main reason, is the cabin and the build of the OL is awesome. They have a bathroom, that is real, a mini kitchen, nice air conditioning, etc. In addition, they are way lighter, run faster with less motor. There are no rattles, anything. My wife didn't like the cig, because of the cabin, loves the OL.
I owned a bunch of cigs, have a lot of cigarette clothes, etc, so does my wife. Was a big cig fan, hard to switch, but let me tell you, no regrets, the outerlimits is the bomb, and totally insane boats. If you can do one, that is one of the newer lightweight models, the absolute only way to go is a 46 OL.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Talking

RJ, Did you change your mind again? O.L. all the way.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Registered

Not to highjack your thread... but I have been thinking about this for awhile. I happen to own a cig and I am a big fan as well, and am also looking to get into a newer cig in the next year, however my point is that Cigarettes days are going to be numbered when it comes to cutting edge, new designs, power set ups etc... Cig will always be the number #1 idenifying brand when it somes to offshore speed boats. But with the amount of time Mike Fiore spends with R&D through racing it was only a matter of time before he starts to blow Cig away with design and performance of a boat. Any major high perfromance manufacturer, whether it be cars, tires, brakes, engine builders (including merc, and others) learn from the race course, Cig does nothing, and there R&D is virtually non existant. When people are starting to shell out 500K plus for a perfromance boat, they will buy quality, performance, and new technology for their money and brand name and fancy paint jobs will no linger cut it.

I think we have seen what outerlimits has done in a short time.

Just my .02
Old 09-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tanner
Not to highjack your thread... but I have been thinking about this for awhile. I happen to own a cig and I am a big fan as well, and am also looking to get into a newer cig in the next year, however my point is that Cigarettes days are going to be numbered when it comes to cutting edge, new designs, power set ups etc... Cig will always be the number #1 idenifying brand when it somes to offshore speed boats. But with the amount of time Mike Fiore spends with R&D through racing it was only a matter of time before he starts to blow Cig away with design and performance of a boat. Any major high perfromance manufacturer, whether it be cars, tires, brakes, engine builders (including merc, and others) learn from the race course, Cig does nothing, and there R&D is virtually non existant. When people are starting to shell out 500K plus for a perfromance boat, they will buy quality, performance, and new technology for their money and brand name and fancy paint jobs will no linger cut it.

Just my .02
you're not the only one who has been thinking about it for awhile!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered

47 Fountain, hands down...
Old 09-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tanner

Just my .02
Outerlimits already does that to Cigarette and Im a cig owner as well. The speeds on the OL surpass the Cigs but the Cigs still ride a little better and are rigged/finished off a little nicer from what Ive seen in the small areas most people dont look or see. But overall I think the Outerlimits is the way to go for the money that both these company's get for the boats.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cabin interiors in the Cigs are bland. They need to step up and make it plush. OL's are way ahead of the game.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by RJ1340
Anyone with experience in both, what's the best ride in 4-6s, 46 OL Limited or 46 Rough Rider?
Bob,

Have a friend with a 46 RR ( thats local ), I can get you a ride on it and/or let you talk with him if it will help. I rode with him in it in the '07 Chicago Poker Run back in July which was BIG WATER. Ran real good.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

How about a Black Thunder? The cabin is awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.