Notices

Best 46

Old 09-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
How about a Black Thunder? The cabin is awesome.
Yes they are, but they cant run with the Cigs or Outerlimits.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow! There is alot of Cig bashing going on here. Cig needs this and Cig needs to step up to that. Ol and Cig both produce beautiful boats. There is no doubt about that. Without getting into specifics, Cig is ahead in some areas and Ol is ahead in other areas. Its all personal opinion and what you like. I certainly will consider Ol when making my next purchase as will alot of other performance boat buyers. But, please.......don't slander the Legend . Cig deserves better!!

Last edited by pm203; 09-17-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
Wow! There is alot of Cig bashing going on here. Cig needs this and Cig needs to step up to that. Ol and Cig both produce beautiful boats. There is no doubt about that. Without getting into specifics, Cig is ahead in some areas and Ol is ahead in other areas. Its all personal opinion and what you like. I certainly will consider Ol when making my next purchase as will alot of other performance boat buyers. But, please.......don't slander the Legend . Cig deserves better!!
Some would refer to a certain Mr. Fountain as a "Legend" , yet he gets slandered ALL the time on this board!

I am and have always been a Cig fan, but Tanner makes an excellent point. When it comes down to it, though, Cigarette is such a strong brand...there will ALWAYS be people that want one.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
It's like on the bike forums, you are not allowed to criticize a Harley, even though the metric bikes are the only reason Harley has done any R&D whatsoever. Both companies depend on people buying the name brand, imho. Not to say either one is junk, but they don't have much incentive to up the ante, when most people are happy just to have the name.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

47 Apache.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Could you go wrong with either? just me but I think at that point both are great, its just a matter of picking which one suits your personal tastes better. I think Andy did that, he had a RR, wanted some more amenities and got the OL.....like comparing an F430 and a Lambo Murcielago, i would own either one.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered

As many come to this board searching for information, they ponder the constant dilema of "Which boat should I buy?" and the real question should be"What do you want the boat to do for you/offer?" These are two awesome built boats being discussed with great following on both sides. In my opinion, however, they have 2 somewhat different markets. I boat with wife and kids(and a lot of buddies from time to time) so the amenities of a cabin are very important to my comfort so the OL is the way I have been researching. Several good friends do not boat with children, do not ever boat over night on board the boat, and have never been exposed to the amenities of a "furnished cabin". Once again, my opinion is that this is the market for the Cigarette. The fit/finish of both boats speak for themselves, performance can be argued in favor of both, but in the final decision making, one just needs to figure out which one best answers the question above. Just my .02.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Now that you gave both of your cents, how are you gonna buy an Outerlimits????
Old 09-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outerlimits...............Federation

Cig..........................Klingon

Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hammer01
As many come to this board searching for information, they ponder the constant dilema of "Which boat should I buy?" and the real question should be"What do you want the boat to do for you/offer?" These are two awesome built boats being discussed with great following on both sides. In my opinion, however, they have 2 somewhat different markets. I boat with wife and kids(and a lot of buddies from time to time) so the amenities of a cabin are very important to my comfort so the OL is the way I have been researching. Several good friends do not boat with children, do not ever boat over night on board the boat, and have never been exposed to the amenities of a "furnished cabin". Once again, my opinion is that this is the market for the Cigarette. The fit/finish of both boats speak for themselves, performance can be argued in favor of both, but in the final decision making, one just needs to figure out which one best answers the question above. Just my .02.
This is a great thread, where was it in May when I was trying to decide between the R/R and OL. I have a couple of cents left still, so I have to add another comment or two. The hulls are so different. My first cig was a 90 carbon 70 cafe, which was a great boat. Extremely rigid, you could jump way up, come down, solid as granite. In the rough rider, when getting big air (Always a great time), you woud come down and feel the boat flex. you could feel the difference. The outerlimits feels like the carbon cafe, so rock solid,it is cool. The OL also rides way different. It planes off in literally 2 seconds and runs flat. It is a nice change. I also had them make a custom engine hatch, which is big and flat (for the ladies of course), which I think is much nicer than the big flat one on my R/R. When getting a 46, it is some big change, and I gotta tell you, after riding in our new OL, it seemed extrremely clear it was the right choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.