Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fund Rasier for one of our own!!!!!! >

Fund Rasier for one of our own!!!!!!

Notices

Fund Rasier for one of our own!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Exclamation Fund Rasier for one of our own!!!!!!

Hello All-

Almost anyone who is into power boating knows of the Bravo Shop, and if you have been into shop for any amount of time or have called you would know Yvonne Highfil. She is a very important part of the Bravo Shop and one sweetest people in the world.

Well yesterday she had to under go open heart surgery. As on this morning she was out of the ICU and should be on the road to recovery. Despite insurance her medical costs will far exceed the insurance coverage. Please see if you can keep the day of October, 13th open for a benifit for Yvonne. Any one that would like to help please let me know.

We are in the early stages of planning this and as the information comes I will update this thread!

Donations can be given but we are in the process of getting the account set up first.

Thanks for all of your help!
Don Gardner

Here is a repost from Dean and Missy Clausen of the Bravo Shop/ Gulf X Marine.

A local girl and good friend to all; Yvonne Highfil of Bravo shop and Gulf X marine has had a sudden and unexpected illness. She had open heart surgery on Sept. 20th, 2007. Despite insurance her medical costs will far exceed the insurance coverage. It’s time for each and everyone of us to show her our big hearts to help her with her mended heart!!

Yvonne has helped so many others in the past with her hard work on many committee’s for; The Offshore Power Boat races, that all the proceeds went to various local charities; The Shriner’s hospital, The children’s hospital and many more. Team WILLPOWER for the American Cancer Society.
Please join us to help ease her recovery at a fund raiser party.

On Saturday October 13th at: There will be music, raffles, 50/50 and a silent auction. Please come and have fun and support our hometown sweetheart, Yvonne.
Thank you for your generous hearts.

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 09-21-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don, Yvonne is a sweetheart. My best wishes and prayers go out to her. Can you provide info for out of town donations?
Jim
Old 09-21-2007, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Don.
I am so sorry to hear this and we wish Yvonne a speedy revovery and return to good health.
While I am not in the area on the 12th to join in on a run, I am happy to make a donation to help. Please let us know who to make our checks out to along with a mailing address.
As you know the Ft Myers Offshore Thanksgiving weekend Fun Run is to be a fund raiser for an as yet unnamed charity. I will be recommending that the proceeds raised at that event go towards Yvonne's medical expenses.
Best wishes Yvonne and get well soon!
Bob
Old 09-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
As you know the Ft Myers Offshore Thanksgiving weekend Fun Run is to be a fund raiser for an as yet unnamed charity. I will be recommending that the proceeds raised at that event go towards Yvonne's medical expenses.
Best wishes Yvonne and get well soon!
Bob

That would be great if we could make the happen. I know it would go for a great cause and for a wonderful person!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Don, Yvonne is a sweetheart. My best wishes and prayers go out to her. Can you provide info for out of town donations?
Jim
We will be working on this in the next couple of days. When I get the information I will post it in the first post of this thread.

Thanks
Don
Old 09-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 09-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Registered

The benifit for Yvonne is on the 13th of Oct. at the Bridge restaurant on Fort Myers Beach 3pm to 9pm. There will be music, raffles, 50/50 and a silent auction. Please come and have fun and support our hometown sweetheart, Yvonne.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Registered

The account has finally been set up for donations. Wachovia in her name Yvonne Highfill.

Thanks for all your help!
Don

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 10-04-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Registered

I have been getting some questions about donating for Yvonne in to the account at wacovia. I am just reposting this info for Dean and Missy Clausen of the Bravo Shop. Another way of doing it would be to send a check to the bravo shop in care of Yvonne. Then they will be able to deposit it in her account.

Bravo Shop (In Care of Yvonne Highfil)
18901 San Carlos Blvd
Ft Myers Beach FL 33931

Hope this helps
Don
Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't know Yvonne but from all I have read in the post about her she has many friends who think very highly of her. My Check for $50.00 Donation is on it's way for her and I hope that the OSO boating community will also jump on the band wagon to help Yvonne out. Lord knows she's been through enough already. Get well soon Yvonne.

Andy Breschuk

President of the Ontario
Offshore Powerboat Association