Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Let's talk about resale value and perceived value?!! >

Let's talk about resale value and perceived value?!!

Notices

Let's talk about resale value and perceived value?!!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk about resale value and perceived value?!!

Hi all,

First post here but I've lurking for a while.

I'm in the market for something up to 24' in length that can hold a big block. I'm open to all brands and types. I will primarily be using this boat on lakes from small Kentucky lakes up to the Great Lakes.

I've chosen a 24' w/ a single big block from a standpoint of current towing capabilities, maintenance, and cost of ownership.

The only question that remains is on what brand should I spend my money? In the family boat world, Cobalt, Sea Ray, Chapparal, etc have the better resale values of the brands. What about in the powerboat world?

What would hold it's value the best and sell fast when the time to upgrade comes. And no, I'm not ready to take that step toward a larger purchase. Looking at sub $40K used boats.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:58 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

24 Pantera or 25 Active thunder
Old 09-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Maybe I can add a bit more info to get a better answer.

I really like the Baja Outlaw 23. I understand it's only been made since 2005 so getting a used one will cost apprx $40K. For that same money, I can get an early 2000s Outlaw 25.

So, given the two options above... is there anything else I should be looking at in the size, price, and performance range? i definitely want a cabin, stand up bolsters, flush porta-pots, and a sun pad over the engine hatch. Don't need a swim platform.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Registered

Don't forget the 24' Superboat. Excellent bang for the buck with looks and performance second to nothing in the category.

Oh, did I mention I happen to have one for sale?
(yet another shameless plug)

Link: http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17514-en.html

Last edited by jayhawk261; 09-23-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

Well within your budget, maybe a little older and ok the re-sale might be a little tougher. But its a dang nice looking boat in the water and there is a reason all boats in this genre are called Cigarette boats!

http://chicagofountain.com/prodectde...d=353&catid=6#
Old 09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bimmerboy318
Maybe I can add a bit more info to get a better answer.

I really like the Baja Outlaw 23. I understand it's only been made since 2005 so getting a used one will cost apprx $40K. For that same money, I can get an early 2000s Outlaw 25.

So, given the two options above... is there anything else I should be looking at in the size, price, and performance range? i definitely want a cabin, stand up bolsters, flush porta-pots, and a sun pad over the engine hatch. Don't need a swim platform.
Take a look at Checkmate. You should be able to find a nice used 251 or 253 with a 502 for less than $40K. It will have everything you are looking for. Good bang for the buck.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered

I have to admitt that for the water you are talking about and the money you want to spend and the value you want on resale the Checkmate is a real good way to go. You might want to look at Formula's 242/271 some good buys out there on those also.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is my buddies boat. We just went across long island sound in it today. I will say this is a SUPER clean 24' and I know that because my buddy stripped this bare and put everything new in it a couple of years ago. New drive, motor, interior, and paint.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17355-en.html
Old 09-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered

OK, thanks for all the suggestions... but I think my wife and I just fell in love with a totally different boat. READ: WIFE and I. So, rather than try to fight the system... I just gave in and would like more info on the Sunsation 288. The one with the cabin and the bow rider.

My wife just loves the bow rider but a cabin (or actually a pump out porta pot) are necessary. This is the best of both worlds.

I'm out of the budget now but that's OK as the wife has approved!

Is the Sunsation a good boat?
Old 09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Yes

Quick Reply: Let's talk about resale value and perceived value?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.