Notices

41 Apache

Old 09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Congrats on your new boat! Those were my props and Matt and Julie at Throttle Up worked them and they were perfect. You have a great wave basher and those motors of Tommy's are very strong. Enjoy. NK
Thanks NK! You couldn't be more accurate in the fact that she's a wave crusher and that Tommy's motors are perfect in this boat. She is truly dialed in and we're fortunate that she runs as well as she does.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
No tricks to it- tabs level, drives out a touch, push on the sticks, mash waves.

The pleasure Apache is a much better wave-crusher than the race version. All that extra weight helps- that's your payback for the loss of top end.
So true, Filling those forward tanks really helped when it was rough. Weight and HP is what crushes waves.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

Lotsa Apache experts out here...
Old 09-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
Sure are, it will be 20 years running mine next year. Nice thing about Apaches is they they don't snap in two, delaminate, spin out, or sink like other brands. Makes for a nice long term relationship.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
You gotta' be pretty hardcore about this sport to want to own an Apache. I'm guessing at least 50% or more of the Apache owners in the US are on this website. Just about every boat is known by name, who bought it first, where it's been and who has it now. Name any other brand you could say that about. For 15 years, I've been trolling everywhere on the web looking at whatever I could find about Apache's. I've been to every website on the planet that deals with Apache helicopters and Apache server software.

I'm on my 4th. 28, 36, '85 41 and now an '87.

Nothing says it better than this-
Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
Nice thing about Apaches is they they don't snap in two, delaminate, spin out, or sink like other brands.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

You gotta' be pretty hardcore about this sport to want to own an Apache. I'm guessing at least 50% or more of the Apache owners in the US are on this website. Just about every boat is known by name, who bought it first, where it's been and who has it now. Name any other brand you could say that about. For 15 years, I've been trolling everywhere on the web looking at whatever I could find about Apache's. I've been to every website on the planet that deals with Apache helicopters and Apache server software.

I'm on my 4th. 28, 36, '85 41 and now an '87.
I just had that conversation with someone I know about this....

He's an Outerlimits owner. He can't understand why we would own one of these antiquated boats... He said; "you can go out and get a new boat with stock power that runs 10-15 mph faster than what you have"..... blahhh blahhh blahhhh blahhh...

Sometimes people don't understand that not everybody buys a boat because it can run a number... If that were the case you wouldn't see old Camaro's, Covettes, Cobra's and Mustangs on the road.

After all these years there's still a market for them....that in itself says something... People like them and they're somewhat rare so there will always be a market for them!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

If your getting a 41 APACHE get one with #6'S.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by Nykamp
If your getting a 41 APACHE get one with #6'S.

Easy for you to say...

Last edited by Zoomnfun; 09-24-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Apache is about. Crusing along in some ruff water a 38' top of the line offshore passes you maybe 5MPH faster at the most. The ladys in the rear seat are bouncing up to the top of there swim suit bottoms. Your son looks over at you with a dumfounded perplexed facial expression. Shruges his shouldes we are not even on our toes were standing flat footed. I speed up just to match their progres. My son looks at me again with the same expression. About that time I see air under the a$$es of the pasengers in the rear seat of the offshore. The boat slows down soon after that as I maintain speed going through the same stuff it feels as though I am standing on concret.
When I look back and remember moments like this and speak of them to others most dont believe or think I am braging. The bottom line is that every time I hit rough water I am as amazed as others are in disbelief.

Maybe I ve said too much
Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

You gotta' be pretty hardcore about this sport to want to own an Apache.
I must be hardcore then. I can't think at this point in my life of any offshore boat I'd rather own more than an Apache 41. I hope that one day I can make that dream a reality.
Jim

Quick Reply: 41 Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.