Notices

41 Apache

Old 09-25-2007, 12:36 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been in that boat twice this summer. First time out with the fresh power at 4 lbs. of boost on dead flat water, seen 85 on a hand held GPS I was in it.
After seeing the dyno sheets with 8 lbs. of boost and some 110 in it, there's no doubt in my mind that this boat will run about 90, as long as you put some bigger wheels on it.

2nd time out there were 5-6 ftrs on lake Michigan, and we were "crushing" waves, still running in the mid 80's. Will it see 90?? Sure it will with a pulley change, 2 pitch bigger props, and some 110 fuel. Just a few minor touches.

A few pics from earlier this summer.
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache-image00020.jpg   41 Apache-image00009.jpg   41 Apache-image00011.jpg  

www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 09-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Damn Frank! You get to have all the fun!!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
If your getting a 41 APACHE get one with #6'S.
Why not with ASD´s?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomnfun
Easy for you to say...

.......I got one with 6's for sale ! Mint !!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by turbo2256b
What Apache is about. Crusing along in some ruff water a 38' top of the line offshore passes you maybe 5MPH faster at the most. The ladys in the rear seat are bouncing up to the top of there swim suit bottoms. Your son looks over at you with a dumfounded perplexed facial expression. Shruges his shouldes we are not even on our toes were standing flat footed. I speed up just to match their progres. My son looks at me again with the same expression. About that time I see air under the a$$es of the pasengers in the rear seat of the offshore. The boat slows down soon after that as I maintain speed going through the same stuff it feels as though I am standing on concret.
When I look back and remember moments like this and speak of them to others most dont believe or think I am braging. The bottom line is that every time I hit rough water I am as amazed as others are in disbelief.

Maybe I ve said too much
Nope, you haven't said too much at all. This is something we're seeing when we're running too!

We came back Sunday, just a short 5 or 6 mile run, in some rougher water with two other boats. We left after they did, securing anchors, etc.

We passed the 31' up. They could only do 2500RPM and the lake was kicking their butt. The 35' Cafe that was with us said he kept looking for us and didn't see us, didn't see us and then all of a sudden he's pulling into the channel and bam, there we were.

The faster we ran, the better the boat ran. It's screaming at us to run at 4500RPM's in rough water. It's amazing how quickly this boat let's you know where she's comfortable at. That's something Rob and I both noticed within the first week of owning our boat.

And our feet never left the ground!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo2256b
What Apache is about. Crusing along in some ruff water a 38' top of the line offshore passes you maybe 5MPH faster at the most. The ladys in the rear seat are bouncing up to the top of there swim suit bottoms. Your son looks over at you with a dumfounded perplexed facial expression. Shruges his shouldes we are not even on our toes were standing flat footed. I speed up just to match their progres. My son looks at me again with the same expression. About that time I see air under the a$$es of the pasengers in the rear seat of the offshore. The boat slows down soon after that as I maintain speed going through the same stuff it feels as though I am standing on concret.
When I look back and remember moments like this and speak of them to others most dont believe or think I am braging. The bottom line is that every time I hit rough water I am as amazed as others are in disbelief.

Maybe I ve said too much
Yeah, whenever I tell a story like that they just think that I'm lying.... Or that we were going faster than we said we were.....

Bottom line, we kept going the same speed and they slowed down...

Then when you walk past them they get pissed and run the snot out of the boat, just to say they beat us home, even though we never touched the sticks.....
Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
If your getting a 41 APACHE get one with #6'S.
you got that right.......3 3a 4 and 5 obsolete.....
Old 09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WesSmith
.......I got one with 6's for sale ! Mint !!!!
Wes doesn't yours have similar power? What are you seeing on the top end?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
you got that right.......3 3a 4 and 5 obsolete.....
With your flyweight, the 3 isn't a problem. On a full pleasure hull doing holeshots or sloppy re-entrys with more than 750's, you're asking for trouble.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:39 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

A friend of mine has a 41 for sale that is a full pleasure with 650s or maybe 675s with 3s. Very clean, similar to the one at Shogrens. The boat is maybe a 70mph boat. I can't believe that 100 or 150 more hp will give the boat 20mph especially a 41 full pleasure. I wish it was that easy!!

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16407-en.html

Quick Reply: 41 Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.