Top Gun F2 LOTO (sorry to report) >

Top Gun F2 LOTO (sorry to report)

Notices

Top Gun F2 LOTO (sorry to report)

Old 09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Close pics.
That house in the background looks very well built.
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun F2 LOTO (sorry to report)-h11-020-large-.jpg   Top Gun F2 LOTO (sorry to report)-h11-029-large-.jpg  
Old 09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WeaponX
Close pics.
That house in the background looks very well built.
i think i see a crack in the stucco though...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cigracing1
Dick Simon and Sean Stinson spun a Top Gun F2 TWIN step several years ago; but not sure which race. Pic of the boat is below.

This is NOT the boat that spun this weekend.

Pics of the spin are here:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...08&postcount=4

Not talking about this one. The F2 this thread is about spun out in ST Pete and the drive got torn off.
They spun out and got ejected in St Pete 2000 was the year I think. I raced a TS /TG a full race season at 90 mph and never spun , hooked or got tossed.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the cost of the Tres class?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad everyone was ok. Hopefully he has her ready to run for this weekend.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:39 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sleek1
What's the cost of the Tres class?

Sleek,

Costs are based upon ciricuilum type/boat. Anywhere from $795 to $2500. All course info can be found on our website. You are also welcome to call anytime for more information.

Brad

Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont like to get involved but at this rate as the accidents pile up so will your insurance rates.Our class is designed for the already experienced driver to gain new skills and be more on top of driving and to be in front of things that go wrong. Once you have a claim on something like this, Your going to face a hard time in the future for getting insurance. I know many of you out there think, you already know how to drive or you will be OK. Well you are just driving with HOPE. As more powerboaters take the class, IT IS the MOST SAID PHRASE!!! "EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO THIS"". If you want to be a better safer boater that really has proper knowledge and control skills, , This may be the best thing youve ever done Period! It time to save what is left of our performance boating. Its a shame another boat has to go down but everyone is lucky they are still around to talk about it.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tres
I dont like to get involved but at this rate as the accidents pile up so will your insurance rates.Our class is designed for the already experienced driver to gain new skills and be more on top of driving and to be in front of things that go wrong. Once you have a claim on something like this, Your going to face a hard time in the future for getting insurance. I know many of you out there think, you already know how to drive or you will be OK. Well you are just driving with HOPE. As more powerboaters take the class, IT IS the MOST SAID PHRASE!!! "EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO THIS"". If you want to be a better safer boater that really has proper knowledge and control skills, , This may be the best thing youve ever done Period! It time to save what is left of our performance boating. Its a shame another boat has to go down but everyone is lucky they are still around to talk about it.

I couldn't agree more. Tres is 100% right. Can you imagine buying a super fast car (AC Cobra, ZO6, Ferrari) and just driving it "balls out" from the first day without seat time? I purchased a Cobra with 610HP and weighs 2,300lbs........it's a beast to say the least. It really took some seat time to get used to the car. You would be an IDIOT to think you know it all. Tres's class is a small price to pay considering it could save lives.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 09-26-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
i think i see a crack in the stucco though...
There might be one or two......hundred.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cullen_11
This is from one of the passengers posting on MBP:

"Just FYI to everyone. Yes everyone was alright. I was the passenger in the back seat.

The real story is this. These guys planned on running this boat in the P4 class for the OSS race next week. We were out running practicing setting the boat in the turn. Why this happened is unsure but possible is mechanical failure. When starting to turn around the back slid out. The boat then went up on its side throwing everyone out. The engines of course died and it started taking on water when on its side. All down hill from there. The possible mechanical failure is a broken drive. The housing on the starboard drive broke which would have resulting in the spin out in the turn.

This turn that was attempted wasn’t that sharp of turn and many have been made like this before. The way the boat slipped out is why we think it was the drive breaking.

Structurally the boat is fine. Bergers Marina at the lake worked on it Sunday and got the engines running. We look to have the boat back out this weekend."
Way to go. Nuthing like posting something like this to get the insurance company out of paying!!!

And Tres is far too polite to say what needs to be said. So let me put my nuts on the chopping block for the sake of all of you weekend proffesional boat racers YOU GUYS HAVE LITTLE TO NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

I dont care if you have been boating from age 12. Yeah for you and your adolesant water hobby! You never LEARNED how to drive. Raceboat drivers know how to drive, Captains know how to drive, those whom have taken the time, spent the money and come to the realization that they could learn more from a teacher rather than trial and error and flipping another boat and raising all of our insurance rates because they are getting ready to race OSS WITH PEOPLE IN THE REAR SEATS?????????? My message to everyone who intends to purchase or run a large powerfull boat is a simple one: Put your pride to the side and learn what you are doing from someone who knows... You are not a raceboat driver... but you are buying a boat that can race.
Use your brains! Why do you all think that Phil takes the time to teach????? Tres has a class that SmugglersInc., Outerlimits and most other builders will pay for you to attend when you buy a boat from one of us. I wear lifeline gear in ALL pre sea trails because I am flat out afraid to die. I limit sea trails to around 70 MPH because I dont want my customers to get hurt. I show the basics (3-4 hours of training) and then tell people to get get training from Tres. I have only been at this for 1/3 of my life so what do I know.

Whats the tag line under Tres's posts?
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink...but the smart ones do!
Let me answer one last question that always comes up
"How much do the classes cost?"
LESS THAN YOUR LIFE IS WORTH!!!
Rip me if you want to and feel free to post your opinions of what a jerk I am for saying all of this. But as usual. I AM MR. KNOW IT ALL... and once again I AM RIGHT!!!

Quick Reply: Top Gun F2 LOTO (sorry to report)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.