Fuel delivery to your home?? >

Fuel delivery to your home??

Notices

Fuel delivery to your home??

Old 09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel delivery to your home??

I have read that some of you have fuel tanks at your house on the water that get filled by small tankers. What size tanks do you have? Is there a minumum amount that they will deliver? what is the minumum? Where did you find a source to bring fuel to your private residence? I am in michigan and may be intersted in this, if feasible.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:17 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

A buddy has a 500 gallon tank beside his garage. He claims he only pays a few cents less than what he can buy it on the street for but the convienence is worth it.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Getting permitted for a residential underground would probably take an act of God. You'd have to be somewhere where an above-ground would be OK for your zoning. It would have to have secondary containment- the setup wouldn't be a cheap proposition.

I don't know on this but I would assume the fuel you'd be buying would be un-taxed. It would seem like there would be a substantial savings over station prices, let alone marina prices.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a long hose company? Used to be a guy in FL that would come to our dock and fill the boat "wellcraft portofino" up for us. Been a while since we had it.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have three 500 gal. tanks on one property, but its outside the city limits in rural county and a farm. We leased two orchards inside the city limits that could not have tanks in the yard. Have not tried farm gas that is dyed so Cops can tell if its in the tank of reg road vehilce in a vehicle. Diesel did once in Excursion, did not run well on it at all.

Should have tried the boat, cut down all the tree's and let former orchard workers have the not needed anymore gas.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

I use Quick Fuel in south west Florida and find it cheaper and convenient. Their head office is in Milwaukee so they may well be in MI as well. Maybe call their 800 number and ask on Monday. 800 522 6287
Bob
Old 09-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 100 gal truck bed transfer tank that fits under a tool box, a 100 gal transfer tank on a dolly, and a fuel transfer pump I am looking to sell if you are interested.

Chris
419-450-0896
Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you can get an underground tank anymore. We have above ground tanks for both on road and offroad diesel and gas. In Indiana you have to have a retaining wall if you are over somany gallons. Our biggest tank is 1200 gal and we are under the limit
Old 09-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 30 Posts

here in S FL they ave trucks that deliver to home docks but it depends on the city as to what is allowed. In my town you can get diesel delivered but not gasoline. Usually the price is a little better than the marina dock but there is a minimum of 200 gallons I think.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
In Indiana you have to have a retaining wall if you are over somany gallons. Our biggest tank is 1200 gal and we are under the limit
There are also Fed EPA rules as well as additional requirements for watershed areas. It can be tricky to make sure you are in compliance with everyone's jurisdiction.

Insurance is another big issue. Many standard homeowner's policies as well as commercial policies don't cover and sometimes specifically exempt any environmental issues.

Fed. EPA mandated some changes a few years ago that required all non-conforming fuel tanks to be removed and the site remediated if necessary. It was a very painful experience for the petroleum industry- that's why you see so many "former" gas stations. Buried tanks can be a nightmare. What petrochemical leaks out belongs to you until the end of time, even if you sell the property. Bankruptcy is the only escape. We've got customers that have spent millions on a couple of not-huge tanks that had been ignored for years. One had his building torn down- too much to dig out and still save the structure. Another, a hospital, had to buy a neighboring property and tear that business' building down to get at all of it. Then they had to construct a scrubber to pump ground water and carbon filter it. Many millions of dollars...

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 09-15-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Fuel delivery to your home??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.