Old 09-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
WHAT REPORT SAID THAT, NEWS anything new
www.sunsentinel.com

By Andrew Tran Sun-Sentinel.com
10:35 AM EDT, September 24, 2007

U.S. Coast Guard crews have found two of six people reported missing from an abandoned fishing boat found in disarray north of Cuba -- 160 miles fouth of their destination in the Bahamas.

Coast Guard personnel on a cutter in the Caribbean Sea were interviewing Guillermo Zorabozo and Kirby Archer, late this morning. The two men were passengers on the boat, which left the Miami Beach Marina on Saturday, Coast Buard Petty Officer James Judge said.

A Dolphin helicopter found the men about 10 a.m., 12 miles north of the spot where the Coast Guard found the boat. Judge said the two men were found in its missing lifeboat raft.

The four man crew is still missing
Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those Motherfu**ers I hope it is not true, but down here they will do anything get a boat and go to Cuba, Again purley speculation on my part and hope to hell I am 100% wrong.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am to assume that the 2 paying charter boat customers with very little offshore experience are the only two survivors found.

I would speculate serious foul play. These quys must be running drugs, or smuggling immmigrants and needed a boat. They probably realized that the boat was equiped with an emergency beacon and dumped when they realized that the coast guard would be looking for it.

Real scum bags. I am a liscenced 100 ton captain and have run many large sport fishing vessels, and would never abandon a perfectly good running or at the very least floating boat unless I had a gun to my head.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

What a shame.

Smuggling has "stepped up" a few notches over the last few months.

All of the banks I work with sent out mandates the last few months that they WILL NOT finance Laser, Carerra, Renegade or Avanti powerboats new or used. PERIOD.

Why? All of those boats have been seized by USCG & Homeland Security over the last few months.

There was also a band new Donzi 32' CC sold in South Florida that got popped a week later (still on the trailer in Miami) by USCG when they busted another ring of smugglers.

I would have hoped the Captain would have been more cautious when a 19yr old latin kid pays $4,000 cash and wants to go "fishing".

Thats kind of like someone who looks like Osama Binladen comes in and wants to learn how to fly airplanes and wants to focus on take offs and not worried about landings.

I know Catmando and all of the liberals will start screaming but profiling works.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

42 Star Island Drive is 2 homes away from Gloria Estefan and down the block from Shaq's fortress.... 14 million might buy you something on the street... home registered to a Jeannette Branam
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Refugee smuggling is a huge industry down here, and has been for several years. At 10k per head, a 47' boat could have made someone a heck of a lot more $$$ than the usual boats stolen for this, Contenders, Renegades, Scarabs, SeeVee's etc that only carry 7 - 10 people at a time. You left coasters have just started seeing the problem in about the last 8 - 9 months.. It WILL get worse over there if you do not get LEO on the same page as we have had to here. And for us it was a major uphill battle..

Prayers for the crew of the boat, hopefully the scumbags just dumped them on an island somewhere...
Old 09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WANTED
INDEPENDENCE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPT.
THEFT OF PROPERTY
KIRBY LOGAN ARCHER

Photograph taken 2004
DESCRIPTION
Date of Birth: October 24, 1971 Hair: Brown
Place of Birth: Eyes: Green
Height: 6'00" Complexion:
Weight: 190 Sex: Male
Build: Race: White
Scars/Marks/Tattoos: Aliases:
Remarks: Last known address: 2064 AR Hwy 230 Strawberry, AR
CAUTION
KIRBY ARCHER WAS EMPLOYED AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER AT A WAL-MART STORE IN BATESVILLE, AR. APPROXIMATELY $92,620.66 IN CASH WAS FOUND TO BE MISSING SHORTLY AFTER KIRBY LEFT WORK AT 10:25 PM ON JANUARY 26, 2007. KIRBY IS BELIEVED TO HAVE CONCEALED THE CASH INSIDE MERCHANDISE HE PURCHASED AS HE WAS LEAVING THE STORE. AFTER LITTLE OVER AN HOUR OF LEAVING THE STORE, ARCHER WAS STOPPED BY POLICE IN BONO, AR FOR A TRAFFIC VIOLATION. THE OFFICER DID NOT HAVE KNOWLEDGE YET THAT FISHER WAS A SUSPECT AND WAS RELEASED ON A TICKET. HE WAS DRIVING A BLUE 1991 DODGE CARAVAN WITH ARK. LICENSE #561FGC.
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS PERSON PLEASE CONTACT THE INDEPENDENCE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPT. AT 870-793-8838

Quick Reply: 6 Missing S FL boaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.